That Wretched Word

I step out of the shower and carefully dry myself off. As I do so another knock sounds on the door.

"Yes?" I ask

"Lucas let me in so I can clean your sores."

Its my mom.

I automatically think "Oh crap."

I start to quickly put on my clothes ignoring the stiffness and pain as I unlock the door. She leads me to my bedroom where I lay down on my bed and she lifts up my shirt to start doctoring the newly cleaned sores.

"He really didn't hold back this time did he..?" She says almost so quiet I can't hear.

"He never does.." I reply just as softly.

She finishes soon and leaves, closing the door on the way out knowing I will want rest. I close my eyes only to hear a buzz.... A lot of buzzing. I open one eye and locate my phone on the bedside table. I reach for it forgetting my sore muscles. I don't need to wait long for a reminder. I gasp and wince as I grab the phone and quickly retract my arm. I unlock it and look to find 23 new messages from Caleb. I look and see they all are similar.

"Babe where were you?"
"I heard you got into another fight.. Are you okay??"
"Can I come over? I'm worried I need to see you.."

I groan and text mom to ask if he can come over and spend the weekend. It doesn't take her long to reply with a yes. I text him and tell him to stay the weekend and I close my eyes in hopes of sleeping while I wait on my boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake to my bed moving slightly then an arm gently wrapping around me.

A voice close to my ear starts to speak.

"Babe wake up please I want to talk to you. I've missed you"

I realize it's Caleb. I start to sit up and groan which causes him to look worried. I playfully push him.

"You worry too much. I'm fine really" I say. But my voice betrays me. It cracks.

He pulls me in and kisses me then lays my head on his chest. I realize with a jolt I saw a black eye when we kissed.

"Caleb what happened to your eye??" I sit up and ask worriedly as I look closer at it.

He laughs nervously and turns his head.

"Don't worry about it okay. He got what was coming to him. You got him pretty good. Besides.. He only called me a fag and hit me." He says the last sentence quickly and soft. But not soft enough.

I pull his head my the chin towards me and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"I'm so sorry.. I hate him and everyone else that uses that wretched word." By the end of my statement my knuckles are balled and white despite the fact they are cracked and bleeding.

He looks at me in the eyes. I look him in his calming emerald eyes. It instantly cools me down and I sigh in defeat. I realize they are right. I have too bad a temper.

"I'm sorry.." I apologize.. Again.

He just looks at me.

"Don't be. It's okay. I love you Lucas"

"I love you Caleb"

I look around for the time.

"4:26 p.m."

I glance over at Caleb where he is now going through snapchat filters looking like an idiot. My idiot. I ask him;

"Can we take a nap for a bit?"

He grins but doesn't look surprised. He just nods his head and lays down on my other pillow closing his eyes. I reach my legs over and lay them across him causing him to chuckle.

(Caleb^)I realize how lucky I am to have him, my mother, and my siblings

(Caleb^)
I realize how lucky I am to have him, my mother, and my siblings. My mother knows I'm gay she just doesn't know about Caleb yet. Caleb is the love of my life. He has been since 9th grade. I'm currently in 11th grade. My siblings always cheer me up after father leaves me in a mess. They might still be kids but they are smarter than they let on. They help a lot.

I close my eyes and slip back in the the blissful darkness that is sleep.

____________________________

A/N: The first picture above the title is meant to be Lucas