Dark forset, Hate, & Father

Two years later

It's been a year since they took me in. Because I'm the black wolf we had to hide me and when ever the king came around I had to go out into town. Black wolves used to be common, but none have been born in over five centuries. I'm also the youngest to ever shift and survive.

Me and Edwin are still best friends. Jacob still hated Edwin but they act civil. Today I'm going out with my school. We were able to bring only one person, so I brought Edwin. I tried with Daddy but he was busy. And Jacob has been stinky for the past couple months. I ain't sitting with that stench.

"Hunter I'm glad you picked me for this, but where are we going?" Edwin says as he starts to go towards the car.

"The Dark Forest." I say as I bounce up and down.

Can't wait for new forest, wish we could shift there though. Midnight sighs happily. I smile. I look at Edwin.

"We can't go then. That's the Alpha King's territory." Edwin says in a clipped tone. I roll my eyes.

"Dad-"

"No."

"But-"

"You could get taken, or worse. Do you want to be separated from us? Do you want to become the Alpha King's new toy?" Edwin snaps at me. I flinch back. In the whole year I've known him, he's never raised his voice at me.

"And? It's not like I would've shifted or anything." I mumble turning my back to him. I look at the porch and see Dad.

"You can't go Hunter." Dad says sighing.

"Fine, I'll be somewhere." I sigh as I walk into the forest I've memorized and have a map of in my heart.

Edwin's POV

I watch as Hunter climbs the trees of the forest.

"She's a strange one." Alpha laughs behind me.

"Yes indeed." I say with a smirk. But that's why I love her. I think to myself as I go towards my house. I walk alone getting the usual hateful stares. I live alone now, Dad kicked me out because I'm a 'bad influence' for the children around. I walk into the living room tired.

"Son, there's something we need to talk about." I hear my dad's voice say behind me.

"What do you want?" I sigh plopping down on my chair. He comes around the chair and sits on my coffee table.

"You need to leave Hunter alone, I've let you talk to her for two whole years. Let you have your games, let you pretend to care about her, even let you 'protect' her. I'm tired of it. You're no longer allowed to even speak to her." He growls at me with crossed arms.

"No,"

"Do it, don't you want her to have a chance? Have you not noticed she has no other friends? That she is avoided by everyone her age?" He says standing. I glare at him before standing and flipping the table.

"Fine, I'm out." I snap turning and storming out. I throw the door off its hinges as I storm out of the house. I don't care about this stupid pack. I think as I sneer at the sight of all the people glare and flip me off as I pass.