Hidden Claw Pack and the Little Girl

"Mom! Look at this! It's a wolf's paw print!" I call to my mom. She comes over and smiles. My dad and brother come too, now done skipping rocks. We're on a hike, my family and I've never here. I convinced them to let us come here because I heard there was a wolf sighting. I didn't tell them though, I said that we should try a new park and my friend had gone here.

"That looks too big to be a wolf's, it's probably a big dog's. You are such an idiot." My brother Filix laughs at me. I hit him in the head.

"Well, Butthead, some of us don't study the outdoors for fun. Some of us actually have lives." I smirk. I take a picture of the paw prints for my friends. We all love canines.

Blake's POV

I was doing my daily rounds when I smelt a young she-wolf, I could tell right away that she wasn't in our pack or had turned yet. I follow the sent to a little girl, she's with three humans. She looks and smells nothing like them. I call in my beta, Mason.

I'm at the south border by the trail, there's a little girl and a family. The girl's a werewolf but looks too young to have shifted, probably twelve or so. I want your input, come on. I mind link my best friend and beta.

The little girl calls for her 'mom' and all the humans flock to her. The boy teases her and she just hits and snaps back at him. They then disperse but the girl takes a picture of whatever they were looking at. They start to move on.

I kick a boulder, causing it to fall making them not able to pass. The girl then starts to climb over it but her 'mother' stops her saying it's too dangerous. They start to go backwards. Oh no you don't. I think as I launch myself in their path. They all stiffen except the little girl who's walking backwards.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" The woman screams. I internally wince because it's so loud my eardrums hurt. The girls jumps and trips over a root. She lands at my feet. I watch as her arm is cut by a rock. Blood runs in scarlet rivers down her arm.

"Ow! Mom! Don't scare me like that!" The little girl yells her eyes closed from the pain. The man of the group takes a cautious and slow step toward us but my growl stops him. If he gets the girl they'll leave. The girl finally opens her eyes. They're violet with small blue flakes. To my surprise she doesn't look the least bit scared, just surprised.

"Hi there." She says shyly. She sits up and looks at me in the eyes. Her face a mere half foot from mine. Her 'family' all look at her horrified. "Can I pet you?" She asks. I tilt my head in confusion. She takes that as a yes and starts petting my head. She then brushes her hand through the fur of my neck. Her 'mother' faints.

"Lilith, get away from him. He's not a dog you can just pet. He's a wild animal. I promise if you step away from him I'll never call you a bum." The boy Lillith was arguing with earlier says, noticeably shacking. The man comes closer and tries to yank her away but my beta comes.

What is going on here? Is that the girl? He asks me. Lilith looks at him while her 'dad' backs away scared.

Yeah Mason. And honestly I don't know why she is doing this. She doesn't seem to fear me or you, it's like she sees us as something else. I reply.

3rd person

"Why would I fear you guys? Are you planning something that I should fear you because of?" Lilith asks looking Blake in the eyes. Mason looks at her surprised.

The humans may leave now. Blake says coming closer. The girl gives him a look.

"Do you not like us?" She asks. He shakes his head.