Chapter 1~The Bad Boy Hit Me In The Face With A Baseball Bat

If you haven't read the book, I'll summarize it. It's about a young girl who got hit in the face with a baseball bat by a boy who lives opposite her house. The boy was asked to take care of her. Long story short, they fell in love but circumstances and obstacles were always in their way.

The problem I encountered with this story was no boy lived opposite my house. But three houses down lived a boy, Clinton Fray, I guess.

Step 1: Get him to hit me in the face with a baseball bat.

That should be easy except he wasn't in the baseball team. So, I settled with him hitting me with anything as long as it did damage.

Believe me, I tried everything, I became friends with him, played basketball even rugby with him but still nothing.

Luck was on my side when we played cricket, the ball hit me in my eyes, it was a direct hit.

I had a black eye but that didn't stop me from being overjoyed.

Step 1: Completed

Step 2: Convince my mom to make him take care of me till I get better.

This was tough. Mom wouldn't hear of it. I begged, pleaded, I even fasted and prayed while doing all the house chores. Finally, she gave in when I gave her the puppy dog eyes claiming he was my crush and this might be the last chance I may have at getting him to like me. You wouldn't believe she fell for it. If I had knew puppy dog eyes worked like magic, I wouldn't have even bothered doing the house chores.

So, Clinton started taking care of me. That makes step two complete.

Step 3: Kiss him and make him confess I've been his crush for ages.

That would have been the last and final stage, if I hadn't found out that he had a girlfriend. I was convinced that he thought he liked her. I even thought we could be Harley and Flynn like in the book and she could be Heather who was just doing nothing but trying to ruin our relationship more like soon to be relationship.

But the way his eyes lit up when he spoke of her and how he smiled and acted around her totally convinced me that he was head over heels in love with her.

This book didn't work for me.

* * *

The Bad Boy Hit Me In The Face With A Baseball Bat is written by CUniQue_Love.

Remember to vote, share and comment.