The Fellowship of The Ring

Your upset yesterday had taken its toll on your bounding energy. After speaking for long hours with Legolas, he escorted you to your chambers where you took a dive into your pillows. Despite the horrid news of your fate, the elven prince managed to ignite a spark of hope back in your heart. Oh, yes! You could still feel the flush of your face when you found out you were confiding in royalty, and it didn't help that you found him incredibly attractive! Legolas insisted on you trying to place his title in the back of your mind, not wanting it to ruin your newfound friendship. It was still a hard thing to forget, but you did your best to remind yourself he was just as normal as the rest of you... Well minus the immortal aspect.

To your dismay, you were woken up early by Gandalf summoning you to a secret council taking place. Both the fact that you were deprived of sleep, and that it was Gandalf that had initiated it, watered the seed of your annoyance. Of course when you asked why, he wouldn't say what about, making you steam a bit at him for more secrets, though you had a hunch it was about the ring. Unknown to you, the wizard knew full well why you were angered, but remained silent on your way to Elrond's chambers. He had seen your incident with Boromir, immediately suspecting your eavesdropping. Knowing your questions would be resolved in the council, he let you be. The council had begun to gather just as the sun rose, consisting of the party of elves, dwarves and a few men. Both Frodo and Aragorn was there was well, lifting your spirits a bit. Taking a deep breath, you walked into the courtyard and sat next to...

Once everyone had convened, Elrond addressed each and every one of you, "Strangers from distant land, friends of old. You've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. Unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom... Bring forth the ring, Frodo."

Your suspicions were confirmed at the mention of the ring, and much of you wondered if your situation was going to be addressed as well. After all, you were bound to this little piece of joy! Taking his cue, Frodo took the ring and placed it on the pedestal at the center of the pavilion. At the sight of the legendary menace, every member began to whisper to one another in awe and fear. Alarm began to rise in your gut, for there was another voice among the hushed tones. A voice you despised with every inch of your captured soul. Sauron spoke to you, threatening in a strange fatherly way, trying to deceive you with his words.

Your jaw clenched, eyes never moving from the ring until the steward's son, Boromir stood, "It is a gift! A gift to the foes of Mordor!" Despite his charms from earlier yesterday, it was clear he did not realize the true power of this evil... or it was controlling him. Either way, you felt a twinge of pity for the man, for you knew exactly what it felt like as he continued, "Why not use this ring? Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy! Let us use it against him!"

Aragorn pursed his lips before countering him, "You cannot wield it! None of us can! The one ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."

Boromir stopped, seemingly offended, "And what would a ranger know of this matter?"

"This is no mere ranger!" Legolas stood immediately to face him, a fiercely protective gaze in his eyes, "He is Aragorn son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

Your eyes darted between the three of them, wondering just how important that piece of information was as everyone muttered under their breath. Clearly this subject brought out a lot of tension between the council. Boromir's jaw dropped a bit in awe, "Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas added for good measure, making sure his point got across. Your brain tried to catch up to your conclusion. Heir?! Throne!? You had been traveling with a king all these weeks!