Chapter 1

I woke up the next morning and started getting ready for another typical day at school; or what I thought to be, but this day actually turned out to be what everyone least expected.

This day was the day my life completely turned around.

I walked into my first period class at school, Algebra with Mr. Packard and sat down, taking my notebook out and immediately jotting down the warm up.

Mr. Packard started talking, and I listened while doing my work, looking down at my desk.

"Alright class, we have a new student today, his name is Ryan, he just moved here, everybody say 'hi' to Ryan".

I looked up and my eyes connected with a very attractive boy. He was staring at me? Why?

He grinned, which only made him more attractive than before, which I didn't even think was possible.

He was tall and lean, and very muscular, but definitely did not look intimidating, but instead, he looked sweet.

He had short, dark brown hair and a pair of vibrant blue eyes.

"Hi Ryan," the whole class said together.

"Mr. Packard clapped his hands together, "Alright, let's see," he said, looking around the room, "you can sit next to Alyson, she looks lonely," he said while pointing to me.

The whole class snickered while Ryan just made his way over, not a care in the world.

Ryan took his seat next to me, "So you must be Alyson?"

I sighed, "You can call me Aly," I said while avoiding eye contact, trying to finish my work.

He continued talking for a while, asking me how long I've been here, and other things like that, while I continued to keep my answers short and to the point, not trying to create a conversation.

"Why won't you look at me?" he asked.

"Why won't you stop looking at me?" I retorted.

He smirked, "I truly am sorry, Aly, but I must say that you are extremely beautiful".

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"What's your problem," he asked, though he said it in an amused way rather than a rude one.

"Why do you think I'm alone? Nobody likes me, I'm a major outcast in this school. I'm the schools nerd. I don't have any friends, and soon enough, they will pull you on their side and you will turn against me, too.

"I'm just trying to avoid future disappointment, there's no point in me trying to finally let someone in only to lose them in the end."

"Nope, you're just cute," he replied.

I rolled my eyes again.

He laughed, "Fine, don't believe me, but seriously, don't stress over it. I promise I won't go anywhere unless you give me a reason to."

Yeah, we'll see about that.

A/N
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've updated anything, so I'm trying to fall back into the habit. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please do me a favor and vote/comment! Feel free to let me know what you think, it really does help! Thanks! (: