Part 3

"Estelle" he said in a faint sound.

I walk slowly towards him, my heart was beating loudly bursting in pain. At this moment, I really don't know what to feel anymore. I release a deep breath and slap him.

"Your high-" his assistant reacts but he cue him to stop.

"Does that make you feel better? You have all the rights to kill me right now. I'm giving you the privilege." he said with a cold face.

I sigh. "I wish it would be easy. But I-I just want you, just this time Rent break down these walls you're building between us and stop pretending that you're fine with all of this."

He look at me and I can clearly see all the emotions in those eyes. Why do we end up this way?

"I had too. I had to be this kind of person in order for this country to survive."

"Really?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "Had you seen the people outside? Those families we helped when we were young? They had hope Rent! They had hope when they found out you are a prince. Because they thought and believed that you are the ruler they wanted to have."

I leave a deep breath wiping the tears on my face, "Do you know that some of them prefers to die? They can't live this life Rent. They gave up. And these was all because of the result of your decisions. You should be the one who knows best. You know what your people wants."

"Do you think I want to? This is war, people die. The world in here are completely different on what you think Estelle. Inside these walls is pure evil."

"I know how people sucks in here! But to make a choice like that? There are many ways to save this country Rent."

"You don't understand." He sigh and walk to the window, watching the people fight. "The Kingdom was in big debt that time. I know it was father's fault being addicted to gamble. We don't have enough power. We don't fully own the Kingdom anymore. The only thing the crown remains on his head was because of his royal blood. Furthermore, Father didn't die because of sickness. He died because of poisoning."

"What?"

"They want to kill him in order for me to be the successor because they thought he sucked and changing him was the best option. They chose me. They teached me their ways of thinking and I made them believed that they succeeded. But  I thought about Gabriel, the palace isn't safe for him anymore. So I decided to made him hate me, enough for him to leave the castle and be safe. That whatever happens to me, he would be out there safe. And will come back to reclaim the Kingdom."

He release a deep sigh, "You see, the world we live in is rotten. Evil is beyond what we're seeing. Strength is justice. You can't heal this kingdom by just doing pretty things. Even pure justice can't oppose evil. So if there's a need to stain my hands and sacrifice lives in order to fulfill, I will. It was not an easy decision, it bothers me and I can't sleep every night. Weighing down which one would benefit the Kingdom most. If I choose to be the good King, loved by his people. Then they will try everything to make me leave the throne, use Gabriel to takeover the Kingdom and kill those people who have been on my side. And that includes you." He glance at me and slowly walk back to me. " I don't have the power to protect you and the people. But I can, if I become the greatest evil King this Kingdom would ever have."

I can't believe it. "Why do it have to be this way? Doing it in a painful way and carry all those burden with you. I don't want to be a part of this change Rent. Letting you do something that will easily rob you off your life. I just can't."