"So, why are you so quiet today?" I asked abruptly.

"I uh..I'm just tired from work."

"Then you shouldn't have asked me out. You should've rested." I said softly.

"I want to. I want to be with you. Just seeing you makes me relax." I blushed when he said that. The waiter then came with our food.

"Wine, Sir?" He asked Marc while holding a wine bottle. He nodded.

"Mam?" I was about to nod but then Marc interrupted, "She'll have water."

"Baby." That's all he said. Right. I'm tempted to drink.

I started eating and Marc was really silent. I'm almost done with my dinner. I looked at him and he was fidgeting. I gently put down my utensils and looked him in the eye.

"Spill. What are you hiding? You keep fidgeting. Is something wrong?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled sheepishly.

"Nothing's wrong. I just have to tell you something later. Let's eat dessert first." I wasn't convinced but I let it go.

The waiter took our plate and soon later, he came back with a chocolate cake. I took a bite and moaned.

"This. Is. Delicious." I said.

"I know. Stella baked it."

"Really? How sweet!"

Marc's POV

I'm nervous as hell. I know I planned it out just right but what if she rejects me? She cleared her throat. I looked at her and breathed in. She smiled and said, "Thank you for dinner."

"No problem, my love." I held her hand.

"What were you gonna say?" I knew she was referring to our conversation a while ago. This is it. I cleared my throat and looked at Kate. I stood up and she also stood up. I smiled. I got down on one knee and heard her gasp. I took out a small velvet box.

"Kate Andrea Jones, you made me see what love really is. Just thinking of you makes my stress go away knowing that I'll be coming home to you. You changed me to be a better man. I'm willing to do everything it takes just to protect you and the baby. I love you and I want to be with you until we grow old. So, Kate, will you marry?" By the time I was finished, Kate was crying nonstop. I was holding the little box that contained the ring.

"Yes! Yes!" As soon as I heard it, I quickly slipped the ring on her and hugged her. She was still sobbing though. I chuckled and kissed her.

"I thought you would reject me." I said truthfully. I was really scared she'd do that.

"How could I? I told you I love you." I can't stop smiling.

She hugged me tightly. I'm glad her size fits my whole body. She's perfect. We pulled away and she looked at the ring.

"Simple yet beautiful." She said.

"Just like you. I actually wanted to buy the big one but then I thought this will fit you perfectly."

She blushed. Oh how I love that blush.

"Oh Marc! You changed me. I thought I would never fall in love again." She said and her eyes started to tear up.

"Mrs. Collins. Man, I love the sound of it!" She laughed. "I can't wait for you to be my wife!" I said while hugging her.

Kate's POV

I can't believe I'm engaged to this man. I admit I never fantasize about getting married to him, ever. But now, I'm in love and engaged. I'm so happy. I've never felt like this in a long long time.