Chapter 28: Resurrection

Start from the beginning

"Alexandra?" The man muttered, almost in a surprised tone.

"I'm guessing you are Brandon DeCastiello?" She asked.

The man nodded and immediately invited her into his office. Alexandra slowly took a seat on the couch when he handed her a cup of tea. She sipped the tea, indulging herself into the bursting flavour of the tea before looking back up to face the man who was busy staring at her after a few minutes she had sat down.

She cleared her throat, "I'm sure you're wondering about my sudden visit to your workshop today. Also, I do believe you recognise and know me from my previous life. Am I correct, Mr. DeCastiello?"

"Yes, you are certainly correct. Alexandra, I-" He uttered and stopped. Trying to find his words, Brandon scratched the back of his head a couple of times. "I'm sorry for everything. I hope you can forgive me after everything Rosie and I had done to both you and Nikolei."

"That is the problem, Brandon. I would forgive you if I had known who all of you were in my life but nothing came up. I don't, can't remember who Rosie was... or you as a matter of fact." She said in distressed.

"You don't remember us at all? But-"

She intruded quickly, "That is the reason why I'm here. I need you to tell me everything about what really happened in my past life. Please."

For a minute there, Brandon looked down onto his entwined hands and breathed heavily. He was shocked that she didn't remember everything, and now he realised what Nikolei had meant the other day. The guilt added more burden to his conscience, feeling extremely guilty after remembering everything that he and Rosie had done to separate these two lovers.

He breathed in deeply and looked back up, "It all started when we were in the university. You and Nikolei-"

And so, the stories of her past life was told. Alexandra had been patient as he told her about everything that had happened in the past. She was mad, at first. However, as mad as she was the first time, the feelings slowly subsided and eventually dissipated. All she felt was emptiness and throughout the time, Grant's handsome and cheerful face frequently appeared in her mind.

He was smiling at her the first few times, but eventually was replaced by the sad ones before disappearing from her vision until Nikolei's dark and distressed ones made an appearance in her mind after the picture of Grant's sad face disappeared.

Brandon had been nothing but truthful to her in telling all the stories. She knew it because her private investigator had walked her through it, roughly. All she needed to do then was to confirm them with Brandon and finding out more details about them.

She glanced at the watch on her hand. The hands were ticking, indicating the time now to its owner. Alexandra breathed out a desperate sigh.

Two days.

Two days and fifteen hours to be exact.

It had been that long since she left for London that early dawn, leaving the hotel room carefully not to wake up Grant from his deep slumber. She covered her tracks, refusing anyone to discover her location. Alexandra never did stepped foot in her bakery anymore. Not until everything was settled and she was glad that she had Rae and her other workers to help her out.