1.Pretty girl ✔

Sapphire

Sapphire

The sun rays streamed into my room, spreading the flecks of light into every corner. The heat radiated off the closed windows, busting through the chilly air and warming my skin.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and stared at my blue eyes. That was the reason why I was named Sapphire. And it is a mere coincidence that I am Sapphire Blue with sapphire blue eyes.

Looking further down, I examined my blue skinny jeans and a white tank beneath a black jacket. Gently running my fingers through my hair, I plaited it to a side.

The scent of my newly purchased shampoo, that will have to be replaced immediately lingered in the air for a brief second. It almost felt intoxicating, and dominated my perfume.

Getting down, I was greeted with a rich aroma of coffee. Today was my first day of last year in my school and I'm very excited. Pun intended.

"Your daddy's a very bad boy." Juliette spoke to her 16 months old son, Jack Abbott, who stared at her with a blank expression. She had green eyes with dark brown hair that she inherited from my father. "He just left me naked in the bed."

"He won't understand you, darling." My sweaty brother-in-law, Jacob Abbott spoke, wrapping an arm my sister while she stirred the pan of egg.

PDA

I cleared my throat and Julliette and Jacob quickly retracted. Jacob turned around with a sheepish smile, while Julliette continued what she was doing.

"Remember, people are staying in your house." I said, settling myself beside Jack's chair. He looked old for his age with those chubby cheeks and pink thin lips, which makes everyone squeeze them at one glance.

"This shouldn't be new to you, Saph." My sister glared at Jacob, who just shrugged it off and sat on the chair across from me.

"So, first day huh?" He asked me.

"Yea.." I groaned in disappointment.

This pretty much how our days have been starting for the past few years now. Unlike a normal functional family, I stay with my sister and her husband. We were a happy family until our mother left us when I was 12. We stayed with our father until he found his second love and married Helen Aiden. Let's just say, she wasn't one of my favourite people.

My father had certain expectations with the marriage. He thought he'd bring home a new mother but instead, he brought an entirely different person home who wasn't even close to a motherly figure.

My father didn't believe me when I said I was abused by her. But my sister knew it. She tried to convince my father but he was blinded by the love for his new bride and step-daughter that he didn't believe his own blood.

Seeing no change and unable to leave me with them, my sister asked me to move in with her. Since then, I left everything behind and started living with them.