Riding Shotgun To A Wedding

I dreamt of what our set would be like, once Sam arrived; Sadly, that was not the case. I sat in my bunk, scribbling down lyrics and ideas while playing around with my guitar while my only light source was my (and by my, I mean Ryder's) iPod.

I wondered if Sam would sing with me or if he'd just stand backstage and video me, like he did when I was 14. He was there for the most important moments in my life; he and dad. They were always there.

I closed my eyes and reached up to feel the back of my neck. My tattoo felt cold, under sweaty palms. Sore from fiddling around and cooped up in a closed space, trying not to fall out every time the bus turned, I stuffed my songbook, pen and Ryder's iPod under my pillow, while slowly creeping into the back room to put back the guitar.

***

"Did someone order their older brother?" I heard from behind. I screamed a little and tackled him in a bear hug. "I can't believe you're here! Why are you here?" I said, slightly bitterly. "You invited me?" "Not that why! Why at 8 in the morning?" I whined. He rolled his eyes and sat on the couch.

Sana came wrapped her arms around his waist, laying her head on his shoulder. "Hey," she said, sleepily. He chuckled, making her smile. "Have a nice nap?" "Very." I smiled at them and went to go get something edible.

"Do you guys want something?" I asked, opening the cabinets. "Anything to wake me up," Sana groaned. I tossed her a can of Monster that hit her in the stomach. "Not like that!" She whined. "That was a perfectly good throw. It's your fault for the bad catch."

A sleepy Trillie walked in to the kitchen, mumbling about snoring and just grabbed a glass of water. "Hey Kinza, Hey random people." I counted to 3, and she started choking on her water. "Random people?!" I sighed and intervened. "Trillie, this is my older brother Sam and his fiance Sana. Guys, this is Trillie, our merch manager and regular manager, I guess?" I looked at her, and she nodded.

 She smiled and put her glass down. "It's nice to finally meet you. She really looks up to you, you know? It's like all she ever talks about is your wedding." I groaned and buried my face in my hands. Soon enough, everyone knew everyone and we eventually got to setting up our tent.

We walked out into the area and I decided to go for a walk. I couldn't help but giggle at the sight of slightly hung over band members falling asleep everywhere. I quickly tied my hair into a weird ponytail of sorts and headed back.

I (somehow) managed to find my way back, and hopped over the merch table and sat down in a chair. "Lover boy came round looking for you," Ryder said, playing with Mackenzie's phone as Trillie plaited her hair. "Keep still, you little chicken!" She hissed. I gave them a funny look and Trillie rolled her eyes.

"Lover boy?" Sam asked abruptly, nearly dropping Sana onto the floor in the process. "They mean Connor. Yeah, he's a dude, but I only met him a couple days ago. They think because I went to get food with him, all of a sudden we're some couple," I stated. "Also, I think the future Mrs. Usman has a bit of a problem with you dropping her," I laughed, pointing at Sana.

"Who's across from us?" I asked, seeing no one at the table across from us. "Oh, it's either Pierce The Veil or Of Mice and Men," she replied, trying to get Ryder to hold still so she could tie the braid. "Speaking of tents, where's Bring Me The Horizon's?" Sam asked. "God knows. What time do we have to leave, how long is it gonna take and what time is our set?" I said sternly.

"Set time is 7:15ish but sound check's at like 6ish." "Um, leave at three, reach by 3:30ish, take about 20 minutes to get ready, we do the whole procedure, and the actual stuff ends at about 5:20ish, so you get back just in time for sound check," Sam replied. "Alright. But I really hope we can hurry up with the whole thing."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ryder, I am not coming out until there is no one outside except you!” I yelled from inside the bathroom. “Kinza Usman, if you don’t come out of the bathroom RIGHT NOW, God so help me I will break that door down, pick you up and walk with you on my back to the subway station,” Sam said, right outside the door. “You can blame Dean for that, since he’s bolted the hinges in,” I said smugly, giving an evil cackle after.

“Kinza, just hurry up and get out! I am NOT being late to my own Nikkah,” Sana said sternly. “I can’t come out because… because… ugh, you’d kill me.” “I’ll fucking kill you RIGHT NOW YOU LITTLE GIT!” She roared. I winced and opened the door a crack. “I look girly,” I whispered, before quickly slamming the door.

“Oh. My. God. YOU’RE MAKING US LATE BECAUSE YOU LOOK GIRLY?!” Sana yelled. “Um, yes?” I squeaked. “You may be planning my wedding, but I’m going to fucking MURDER YOU!” She said, banging on the door. “Sana, calm down. If anyone’s murdering her, it’s me FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU PUT FISH IN MY SHOES!” He said angrily. “Oh, you know you didn’t really care,” I laughed.

“Kinza, code fuchsia,” Josh said. My eyes widened and I quickly opened the door and let him in. “Oh, so you’ll  come out for a ‘code fuchsia’, but not for my Nikkah?” Sam said, with an eyebrow raised. I nodded and whispered, “Pee teasa.”

Forty minutes later, Sana was freaking out while I did her eye makeup. “Stop shaking! Do you want to look like a raccoon?” I said annoyed. The subway ride had taken less time than expected, which gave me more time to help with Sana’s makeup and get into my churidar (they’re like these super skinny pants that are ridiculously annoying to get on and off).

“No, but I’m getting MARRIED! I think I deserve to freak out,” she said. “Relax. You’re marrying the sweetest person on Earth. He wouldn’t hurt a fly,” I said. She looked at me funny and I continued. “I’m serious! All he does is lead them to the nearest window and then sets them free. It’s ridiculously cute,” I smiled. She smiled a little until I started putting lip gloss on her.

“What are you doing?!” She asked weirdly. “Putting on lip gloss. When Sam kisses you, you’re going to want to make him feel like he can be sensual, but keep it PG which will ultimately lead to a very sexually frustrated Sam,” I smiled evilly.

***

“Fuck fuck fuck!” I said as I ran to our bus. “Hey! How was it?” Josh asked. “Let’s just say, I hope Sam uses a condom,” I smirked as he choked on his drink. “DUDE!” I laughed at his reactions and tossed my heels in the corner of the ‘room’ and sat down on the couch with him. Well, it was more like on him.

He groaned and asked in a strained voice, "So, how was it?" I couldn't stop laughing at the noise he made long enough to string together a few words and ultimately had to steal his coke to choke out something. "Was good," I said through breaths, before bursting out into laughter again.

"Unlike you, some of us have very special parts that need to be protected," he squeaked out, as I looked at him pointedly as Ryder stifled a few giggles. "Well at least your 'special parts' aren't bleeding, and don't bleed every month for about a week," I said, putting air quotes around special parts. "Arse," I muttered.

Woo! It's up! Sorry it took so long, but at least it's here! I know it's shit, but I PROMISE YOU the next chapter will be good.