The Curse of Curves

9 AM. FUCKING 9 AM. That's what the clock said, and the annoying voice on my phone. "Shut up," I moaned. A moment later, I was made to face the cold air since Myra had removed my blanket and was smiling innocently. "Oh, good. You're up. Now get dressed and be prepared for a long day of shopping," Myra squealed.

I groaned and walked into the bathroom and almost screamed at the sight of me. I looked like a fucking zombie from Cell itself. "Myra?" I said quietly. "Yeah?" She replied. "I might take longer than usual." "Take your time." "Really?" I asked, surprised. Myra was never one to give people time. "Of course. As long as that time ends by 9:45. Now, hurry up and de-zombify yourself."

I hurriedly showered and got dressed in a black Beatles top and some red skinnies. I quickly burned my hair and wore my glasses and ran out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where Myra had conveniently made a bowl of my favourite breakfast; A bowl of Lucky Charms with strawberry yoghurt that replaced the milk and a raspberry orange smoothie.

"Where's Ryder?" I asked Myra, with my mouth full of food. "Sam's bathroom." "Won't that wake Sam?" "It's a Thursday." "Ooooh." I continued gulping down my breakfast as thoughts ran through my head.

"Ready?" Sana asked, bursting with glee. I nodded, my stomach churning with excitement. That, or my breakfast had too much glueten. Either way, it was churning.

"Uh, guys?" Ryder asked. Everyone turned to look at her. "Can my sister come? She's in town, and she's had a rough patch and I think this might cheer her up," Ryder explained. "She also wants to, uh, come on tour with us," Ryder mumbled. "Alright," Sana said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay. This is the ultimate bridal store," Sana said, as we walked along the streets of New York. "Where are we supposed to meet your sister?" "The Ben and Jerry's across from the bridal store," Ryder replied, texting her sister.

"How does she know where--" Sana began, as Ryder ran ahead to the Ben and Jerry's and started talking to a tall blonde girl with ice blue eyes and a... lip peircing? Ryder dragged her over toward us as she introduced us.

"Guys, meet my sister Mackenzie. She's been living in San Diego for the past 8 and a half years, and in Dover for the past one and a half." "I've basically been in the US since I graduated high school," she finished. I noticed a neutral accent, which meant her British accent must not have been as strong as Ryder's.

"Wait. You're older than me?!" Sana asked, slightly stunned or shocked; I couldn't really differentiate. "How old are you?" Mackenzie asked."Uhm, 25-ish," she mumbled. "Liar." "Tis the sad truth," Sana said melodramatically.

"Enough of the dramatic shit!" I interrupted them. "We going dress shopping or not?"

***

We were sitting in the extremely white bridal dress changing room waiting area place thing, as Sana continuously tried on dresses as we opinionated on them. An official looking lady walked toward us, with a file in hand.

"Hi, my name's Amanda and I'll be helping you with your wedding affiliations today," she said over-cheerily. "Uh, I don't think we need any help with our 'wedding affiliations'," I said, with an implied message of 'Fuck off'. "Well, every customer who chooses Bella's is given one-to-one consultation for wedding details," she tried to explain.

Sana walked out and basically gave us a blunt stare. "You look fat," Ryder said. "Gee, thanks for the support," Sana said sarcastically. I looked her up and down and spun my finger around, insisting a twirl. She twirled and we agreed it was way too fairy-tale for Sana.

She groaned and went back in to change. "I think I can help," Amanda said. "Can you now?" I questioned. "Where is the wedding happening?" She asked. "Sana?" "Westchester Royal Gardens," she answered. Amanda opened her file and started flipping through pages until she found the page she wanted.

"Westchester Royal Gardens, located in the beautiful suburbs of Westchester, New York," she said as she showed me a picture of it. "We need to think outdoors-y," she said, flipping to wedding dresses. "Something simple, but in itself, complex," I said, understanding what she meant. "I think we might need you, Mandy," I said.

Mandy went off to find some dresses while I went in the opposite direction with Myra and Ryder to look at bridesmaid dresses. We found some gorgeous ones and brought back our selection and met Mandy there.

Sana continuously tried dresses until the last one, at around 2 PM. She came out with a smile on her face. She was wearing a gorgeous mermaid kind of dress with a lace top that accentuated her curves in all the right ways. She had put on a veil that looked like a dupata thing with lace edging.

The room was so silent you could hear the AC. "Sana Umar Khan, if you end up pregnant a week after your wedding, I take full credit," I said. "Nuh uh! We helped!" Ryder said, mocking a New Jersey accent as we all started saying basically the same thing in so many different ways.

"We'll take it!" I said, excitedly. "And the bridesmaid dresses?" Mandy asked. "The black ones," Myra butt in. I nodded and we thanked Mandy for her 'experties', to which she replied, "It's my job. If I don't know this crap, I'm outta here."

We paid, gave her the location to drop off the dress at, and went to Subway for lunch.

***

"Hello ladies. Kinza," Sam greeted. I shoved him playfully and plopped onto the sofa, until Dean nagged me to go pack. I ignored him until he threatened to eat from my peanut butter stash.

"But we don't leave until TOMORROW!" I whined. "Actually, Pete said we'll be at Warped almost all day tomorrow, so we'll need to have our stuff ready and then we'll load up onto the bus and leave from there. Now get packing," Dean said. I groaned and agreed.

First and foremost, I AM SOSOSOSOSOSSOSOSOSOSO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I really am, it's just that I've been so busy lately with my other stories and stuff.

Secondly, title credit goes to one of my new favourite song(s)/band Cute Is What We Aim For, the song being, well, The Curse of Curves. And I know it's just a lame filler, but don't worry, next chapter is LE TOUR!!!! Also, for those of you who may not know, burning your hair is a technique where you dry your hair after a shower and when it's still cold, you straighten it.

Also, @MackenzieMalionae cuz Mackenzie belongs to her (she created her). And a pic of Mackenzie is off to the side :)