Me Neither

Heyo guys so I think I'm going to discontinue this story. I personally just dread writing it and I don't enjoy it plus I don't see it going anywhere plotwise. So enjoy this short little closure chapter. It's been fun. Love you all.

Okay my answer for the laat QOTC. If you like these bands too you'll just know the initials bc I'm too lazy to type out whole band names. (Not in order) CTE, P!ATD, SWS, PTV, TØP, BVB, MCR, FOB, ATL, PMJ

Ps This is a huge time skip between the ending of the last chapter

You pulled your feet up onto the couch. Ed wrapped his arm around you and took a small sip of his coffee.
"Ed, what should we do for our anniversary? I feel like it should be special. Six months is kind of a bug deal," you said looking up at him.
"Well, we've still got a few days to figure that out," he answered. You laid your head on his shoulder and he placed his head on top of yours.
"Let's see a movie," you suggested.
"That's a bit generic, don't you think?" he said. You shrugged.
"It doesn't have to be fancy, just celebratory," you said.
"Oh okay." You grabbes the remote off of the coffee table and turned on the tv. You flicked through the channels and paused on a crime show.
"Hm." Ed took his arm off from around your shoulders and stood up.
"Ed?" you called. He walked towards the kitchen.
"I'm getting more coffee," he answered. You leaned back on the couch and decided not to question it.

*Time Skip and Ed's PoV*

I walked down the streets of Gotham and peered into the store windows. Ugh, nothing looked good enough for y/n. She needed a perfect gift. Six month. anniversary. C'mon Ed, get it together. I pushed the door open to yet another shop and looked around. Books. I had walked into the bookstore. I was literally here half an hour ago. I groaned internally and walked out. I leaned against the wall outside and covered my face with my hands.
"Eddy?" A voice said. I peered through my fingers. An extremely confused Harvey Bullock was staring at me with his hands on his hips.
"You okay?" he asked, walking towards me.
"No," I muttered. He slung an arm around my shoulder.
"Well what's the matter?" he asked.
"I need a perfect gift for Miss l/n and I can't figure out what to get her," I explained. Harvey poked my chest.
"It's not the bling or the present that she'll love. It's what comes from your heart. And besides," he leaned in to whisper in my ear, "who said it had to be a physical gift?" I looked ar him confused.
"What are you talking about?" Harvey wiggled his eyebrows.
"You know, a fun experience." he said. I caught on, but was a little disturbed by the notion.
"Uh, no thank you." I pushed him away and started walking. Perhaps Jim had an idea.

***

"A present for your girlfriend?" Jim looked up from his paperwork. I nodded.
"It needs to be perfect," I said.
"Well did you ask Harvey?" I gulped nervously, recalling the uncomfortable conversation from earlier.
"He wasn't much help."
"Oh, he wouldn't be." Jim stood up and started to walk away.
"But will you help me?" I asked, following him like a lost puppy. How stupid.
"I don't know what to tell you." Lee came strutting over.
"What's this about?" she asked, wrapping her arms around Jim.
"Ed needs help getting a present for his girlfriend," he said as he thumbed through a file of papers.

Just fyi they're at GCPD station rn

Lee glanced at Jim and then back at me.
"Oh well what's the occasion?" she asked with bright eyes.
"Six month anniversary," I answered.
"Oh congratulations!"
"Yeah, but there won't be a relationship to congratulate if I don't get Miss l/n a good present!" I exclaimed. This was getting stressful. It's almost dark out and our anniversary is tomorrow.
"Well, it doesn't have to be expensive or store bought even. It should just come from the heart. You could take her somewhere romantic or something like that," Lee said. I smiled as an idea formulated in my head.
"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed. Lee laughed and smiled.
"Anytime." Jim turned to look at her.
"Hey when's our six month anniversary?" he asked. Lee shoved him jokingly and started walking away.
"I'm serious!" he called.
"Goodbye, Jim!" I shouted as I ran out the door.

*This is probably the last time we'll get to see this PoV ah yes now I'm emotional I love you guys*

You flattened out your f/c skirt. Your top was a plain black crop top. Your hair was up in a messy bun and you wore light makeup. You slipped into your floral flats and sat on the arm of the couch, waiting for Ed. He said he was coming to pick you up and six. You looked over at the clock. It was 5:59. He's always exactly on time. Right as the clock turned to 6 thered was a knock on the door. You jumped up and answered it. Ed beamed at you.
"Hey," you said with a smile. He grabbed your hand, pulled you outside and slammed the door behind him.
"Come with me," he said excitedly. He looked like a small child showing their mother a drawing they had made.

Time skip because I'm lazy.

"Where are we going?" you asked. Ed had put a blindfold around you.
"It's a surprise!" he exclaimed. Pretty soon, the car stopped. You could hear Ed getting out and rushing to your side. You felt around and unclicked your seatbelt. Ed opened up your car door and helped you out.
"Hold on just one second," he said. You could hear a lot of running and door slamming. He took your arm and started leading you somewhere. You took reluctant steps. After a bit of walking, Ed stopped you.
"Wait here," he said. There was a lot of rustling. He came up behind you and slipped off the blindfold. The sight you were greeted by was beautiful. you were on top of a hill and a large blanket was spread out. There were a few lit candles and a surprisingly large amount of food.
"Did you do this?" you asked, turning to Ed. You mentally facepalmed. Well no shit honey you told yourself. Ed blushed a bit. 
"Yes... Do you like it?" he asked.
"I love it," you said. You stood on the balls pf your feet and kissed Ed passionately. He smiled and kissed back.
"Let's eat," he whispered after pulling away.

A little bit later....

It had gotten quite dark out. There was barely any food left. You and Ed were laying under the stars together. His arm wrapped protectively around you.
"I love you so much," he whispered.
"I love you too," you replied quietly.
"I'm never letting you go."
"Me neither." You said, closing your eyes. This love is truly beautiful.

Aaaaaaand scene. Honestly I'm so glad I got to meet you guys through this story. Maybe we'll all meet again in another fanfic. Well, until next time.

*salutes and flies away majestically*