Prologue

Not technically the first chapter but you can all fangirl anyway. It's short though. I find these short epilogues and prologues quite nice for some reason.

All my life I'd grown used to pain. Physical, mental and emotional. At a point it seemed as though a life without some sort of suffering was not my fate. No matter, I'd made peace with the fact. When I woke up strapped to several machines and the sensation of hot fiery pain in my ribs, it was unfortunately an all too familiar sensation.

"Ryan," His soft voice lured me away from focusing on the hurt.

It was like warm honey on a cold day. Sweet and relieving. I couldn't believe that I had the pleasure of hearing it once again.

"Jason?" my voice was hopeful.

"I'm right here," He assured. I wanted to cry. I wanted him by my side forever. Then another towering figure entered the room "What are you doing here? Haven't you done enough already? This thing is your entire fault!"

"And I'm sure you're so blameless in this," Jason's response was sarcastic "I wonder how he'd feel if he realized what you did about the letter."

"It's for his own good. I was protecting him from you." the voice growled in a familiar manner.

"Cornelius?" I asked.

"I'm here for you love." There was a kiss on my hand.

Another figure dashed into the room.

"You guys shouldn't be here! You're going to wake him up!" it hissed.

"He should be the one leaving, not me." The voice that I had identified as Cornelius spoke up. Jason snapped next "None of this even concerns you. it's between Ryan and I."

"It concerns me because you literally decided to drag my boyfriend into your mess!"

"Ok get out both of you now. I'm serious. You can come back when you both decide to act like civilized adults from now onward."

"Fine Jay." Jason grumbled. I heard them both retreat the room. my line of sight was pretty blurred so that I couldn't see properly. Suddenly I became restless. I wanted to move and be rid of these constrictions.

My best friend rushed to my side "Hey it's ok. Don't be hasty it'll all be ok."

"I-I-"

"Shhh no talking. You need to rest and regain your strength. It'll all be over soon." He assured.

Would it really?

I wanted nothing more in the world. I wanted for nothing more than this constant pain to end forever.