Chapter 5

Grrr!! My free lessons (where maths used to be, before it ended - early entry) have been moved to a lesson I absolutely HATE: English - Mr. 'Monobrow' Kingston :@ If it were my choice, I would punch him around the face - hard. But, that's just me - and most likely most of the country XD

P.s: Things in Italics not in English are with a Spanish accent :)

Enjoy Chapter 5 :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                 Mel's POV

"His father?!" I thought in disbelief. Jesse nodded at me slowly, completely confused.

"Qué pasa, Papá?" Jesse asked his father what was wrong in Spanish.

I heard a fast, deep Spanish reply on the other end. I listened, still just as confused as Jesse. Then I heard something I didn't expect: un hermano. A brother?

Then Jesse's father spoke in English again.

"I'm sorry I haven't told you until now, son. It's only because we needed to keep you two safe, until you were old enough to know and understand."

Jesse was shocked. His mouth was open, and he was staring blankly into space, his eyes slightly glazed over.

"Jesse?" I asked in a whisper, tapping his arm; as I was a little shorter than he was. He didn't answer.

I took the phone from his gently, putting it to my ear.

"Hola? Mi nombre es Melodi, y su hermano, qué?" I asked in Spanish.

There was a whoosh of air, and a honey-like female voice came onto the phone.

"Hello? My name is Elena, Jesse's mother. What did you say a moment ago?"

I smiled. "I am Melodi, and what brother?" I repeated, this time in English. I looked at Jesse, biting my lip.

He had, thankfully, returned to reality; holding out his hand for his phone. I gave it to him, and he tapped the screen a few time, before placing it back into my hands, smiling a little. I could see two people on the screen: one female, with brown hair, milk chocolate coloured eyes, and femininely pronounced cheekbones. Next to her was the male I'd seen in Jesse's memories.

Behind them were two other people, one who I recognized as 'Auntie Rosie' from Jesse's memories.

"Jesse..."

He looked up at me from the phone, and looking into my eyes; biting his lip.

"Come here. I got you, don't worry." I thought to him soothingly.

He came closer to me hesitantly, still confused. I took his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. He sqeezed back after a moment, understanding.

"Can I get Beth, my sister, here too? She's a new vampire, and you may need to explain things," I asked the people on the screen.

Jesse's mother, Elena, nodded, and so did the male: Jesse's father, Maurice. Then they both exchanged a glance between them, and looked back at us.

"Yes. We'll talk to Jesse while you're gone,"

I smiled. "I don't need to go anywhere. I have two gifts; one Jesse already knows about," I smiled apolagetically at him, and he smiled lopsidedly back.

I kissed his cheek quickly, then closed my eyes; forgetting Jesse was watching me with even more confusion. I turned to the direction Beth was in,and held my hands out in front of me.