Chapter 7

Banner to the right I made :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                              Mel's POV

"You're really good," I whispered in shock.

He shrugged, biting his lip as his cheeks flushed a deep pink colour.

Beth was suddenly next to me, nodding slowly as her eyes and mouth hung open in shock.

I tried to read her thoughts, but they were blank. Nothing. Completely speechless.

He was mine.

He shook his head a little, taking out the CD from the CD player in an attempt to look busy.

"Jesse, why didn't you tell us you sang?" Beth asked, will shocked.

I glared at her warningly.

"Do you?" He managed, still trying to look busy.

"No...but..." Beth looked at me as her voice trailed off suggestively.

I stared back at her with wide eyes, mouthing "No,"

"Exactl-" He whirled around to look at her. "Wait. But what?"

Beth bit her lip. "Nothing,"

"Bethany," Jesse droned, rolling his eyes. He raised. Suspicious eyebrow, smirking.

"You wanna tell him, or should I?" Beth thought, replaying a memory she had of me singing a Paramore song in the car to school.

I'd been happy.

Jesse frowned, confused. "Beth?" He repeated, crossing his arms.

"No! I'm not telling him! No way, Bethy. I can't sing I'd m life depended on it," I thought back to Beth.

Beth rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Just tell him already. He sang in front of you...so why don't you s-"

"No, Beth." I said out loud sternly without thinking.

Jesse tilted his head a little, still deeply confused. He handed me back my CD case.

"But you're really good, Mel," Beth said out loud for Jesse to hear.

God, she was so stubborn and persistant.

I glared at her, as she winked and grinned back at me.

"Wait. What's going on-"

Jesse's brain caught up quicker than I'd expected.

He looked at me now. "You sing?" He asked in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes in fustration, and Beth pursed her lips to stop her from laughing.

"Beth, shut up." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Am I the only mature one here?"

"Hey! What about me?" Jesse asked with a mockingly shocked face.

"Yes, I sing. So what? It's not like it's a big deal-"

"Yeah it is. Sing sing sing," He chanted( sounding like a complete idiot. My Jesse.

I smiled at the thought, as he continued to chant 'sing' with a huge grin on his face.

I glared at Beth as I said the word I would most likely regret: "Fine," I sighed with a roll of my eyes. "But at least go where I can't see you. I don't mind Beth - I've known her for a LONG time,"