Chapter 4

So, how is everyone?

Yeah, I'm really bored; so don't blame moi :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesse's POV

Beth was lying on a red and black checked blanket she'd somehow gotten hold of, playing with a lock of her curly blonde hair, staring up into the night sky. I yawned involentry, and blushed when Mel grinned at me.

"What? I sleep, ya know," I said guiltily.

She was still grinning. " 'Kay. You wanna sleep on the blanket with us?" She thought, pointing to the blanket Beth was lying on.

I nodded, as my blush faded. Mel lay down next to Beth, and I followed her resting my head against my arm. She put her head and a hand delicately on my chest. I yawned again, and Mel glanced up at me, grinning again. I kissed her forehead, and she returned the kiss on my lips, sending my heartrate sky-high. After a couple of minutes she broke away with a yawn.

"It's okay, sleep. I'll be here when you wake up, Melly-Moo," I smirked.

" 'Melly-Moo?' " Mel asked warily, raising an eyebrow.

I yawned again, and Mel rolled her eyes and gave me one last kiss, before putting her head and hand on my chest again, listening to my inhuman heartbeat to soothe her to sleep. I put a hand around her slim waist, and closed my eyes, smiling as I fell into a dream, with Mel as my angel.

                                                                      Mel's POV

I was watching some sort of torture. There was a woman tied to the aged, rotting wood, with brown wavy hair, and shredded rags for clothing. I felt myself come toward her side, and tried to lok at her face; which was turned to the other side. The torturer had left,  leaving the woman with thick chains keeping her down.

"Who are you?" I heard myslef ask.

The woman turned her head to face me, and her eyes widened in shock; her pale lipped mouth popping open.

"Melodi?" She whispered, her eyes widening. Her voice hinted a Spanish accent.

My head tilted in confusion. "Yeah..."

"¿Por qué estás aquí?" She asked.

'Why am I here'? This was my dream, wasn't it?

A sudden jolt of horror went through my entire body, like I'd been electricuted: I knew who she was. I remembered her accent from my blurry human memories. My eyes widened, and I put my hands over my mouth and nose, backing up against the stone-cold bare wall.

"Mamá? What happened to you?"

"They're torturing me to get information on where you two are. Now get outta here; you'll get caught! I love you both, and I always will. Goodbye,"

With that, the dream abruptly ended. I sat bolt upright on the blanket, breathing heavily. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and glanced at Jesse; as he smiled in his sleep.

 I ran off, back to where Jesse had gotten upset before. I sat on an old Oak tree stump, thick from age and sobbed; my body shaking with the sadness and heartbreak.

                                                           Jesse's POV

I woke up with a start, feeling pain and sadness coming from Mel.