3.Big Brother

Janiyah POV
It had only been a week since I got released from the hospital and August has be with me since then. Also, my dad hasn't been around since that night. " Alright Janiyah I'm about to head out before my moms starts wondering where I am" August said to me as we were watching tv. "Ok be safe and call me when you get home" I replied, " Ok I will" he said before he hugged me and walked out my door locking it behind him. I sat back on the couch and pondered in my thoughts. My mind went back to thoughts of my older brother...Jakari. I miss him so much, his smile ,his curls, and especially his deep dimples in both of his cheeks. I miss how he would protect me from the perverted boys in middle school. He was older even though he looked younger than my other brother. His life was so short he was only 24 when he was killed. I remember the last thing he said to me...
Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Janiyah: " Thanks bro for spending the day with me"
Jakari: " No problem sis, I'm just glad I got to hang with you"
He glanced at me and told me to get in the car. " Whats going on Kari?" I asked as I got in the car, trying to see what he was doing. He opened the driver's side and leaned his head in " Don't worry your pretty head about it just keep quiet." That's all he told me before this happened... "Well, well, well what do we have here if it isn't Ms. Mula's oldest son Jakari" said a man that had a thick Caribbean accent that I knew very well. Ms. Mula was my mama's name in the street, yes she was a queen pin, the best one I've seen in a while. People were afraid of my mama, she was all about her money. So it was a surprise when she died, my father was a bitch he was mad that my mama had hid her money from him. But that's another story. I sat in the car and slid down in the seat, trying not to be seen. They continued to talk while I listened. "What do you want Uncle Domonic?" My uncle Domonic was my mother's brother who just so happened to be one of the biggest king pins in all of the Islands, ranging from Barbados to the Dominican Republic. He also had a few  businesses up here in New Orleans. Not to mention he along with my mama had trained me at young age. I was supposed to take my mother's place after she passes, but I just couldn't go through with it at the time. Uncle Dom continued to talk "Oh nothing nephew, just here with a warning" " What do you mean by a warning?" "Diego and his goons want your head" I gasped but then quickly covered my mouth. Diego was my mama's rival he was always jealous about how much more business she pulled in. "Why do they want me?" "They want you dead because they thought that after your mother died they would be able to pull in more business, but obviously that didn't go as planned" my brother hit the side of the car in frustration "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME MAN" Jakari yelled angrily. " I'm sorry nephew but whatever you do just watch your back". With that my uncle went back to his black Escalade with his boys and drove off. Jakari got in the car and without even looking at me he drove off. I just kept quiet and looked out the window. A few minutes later we were at one of my mom's trap houses. We got out but as soon as we did a blow hit my brother in the face. "Well,well my dear Jakari Satana didn't your mother always say that your never supposed to be caught slipping?" said a voice that I new quite well... it was Diego. "I'm not about to let  a weak ass bitch like you kill me" Jakari spat. I helped him up but he was pulled away from me by one of Diego's goons and I was pushed on the ground. "Hey you want me don't you, leave my sister out of it" Jakari yelled. Diego chuckled and replied with an "ok" "But you know what will make this more interesting, having your sister watch you die" Diego told my brother. His goons held their grip on my brother. "NO DON'T DO THAT" Jakari yelled, but their was nothing he could do they dragged him to the black van and put a blindfold over his eyes and they pushed him in the van they grabbed me and threw me in  there with him. They close the door and 2 of Diego's goons get in the front and started driving. I held Jakari's hand not wanting to let go. He squeezed my hand and whispered in my ear "Janiyah don't be scared I'll always  be with you, I love you so much. Please I don't want you to take my place running the streets, let Jamari handle that, you have a great future ahead of you, don't ruin that, make me and mama proud babygirl" tears were streaming down my cheeks as I took in everything he said. He leaned his face over to me and kissed my temple before the van came to an abrupt stop. I saw the two guys get out. There weren't any windows in the van that I could look out of, but I heard water...we were on a bridge. I heard talking outside and then a few footsteps, Jakari sighed. I only held on to his hand tighter. The back doors to the van opened and I looked at the two guys but there was no Diego. They grabbed Jakari out and his hand let loose from mine, he mouthed "I love you" and then the two guys closed the doors. I started banging on the door. "NO DON'T TAKE HIM,DON'T DO THIS" I yelled and I kept yelling and no one came, no one did anything. Another pair of guys got in the van and started driving after a few minutes I had stopped banging and screaming instead I was crying. Then I heard 27 gun shots. Everything in my mind stopped and all I could do was quietly sob. My head hurt and so did my heart. They didn't actually make me watch him die but it was close enough. They had stopped at one of my mama's trap houses and they dragged me out and got back in speeding off. My other brother Jamari came outside and came to my side. " What's wrong Niyah, what happened?" He asked , all I managed to get out was " H- He's...g-gone" before I started sobbing again. My brother got up and took me in the trap house and took me to one of my mother's many offices. He asked me " Do you know who did it". I couldn't respond because I honestly didn't know, all I told him was " Diego had something to do with it"
Flashback Over
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back, updating again later
Hope you guys enjoyed❤️
How do you feel about Janiyah?
RIP to Jakari 😢😢
Jakari in the MM❤️❤️
Vote and Comment
-NANA💖💖