2. Our State Of Mind

AugustAlsina POV
I looked at this mysterious girl sitting next to me contemplating where I should start or if I should even tell her. But at the moment I needed to vent. "Well I don't know where to start" I stated more to myself than her. "You can start wherever " she said. So I thought for a few seconds and decided to tell everything since my brother's death. " Well a few weeks ago my brother got shot 6 times in the Eastside" I said before taking a deep breath. " I'm so sorry to hear that but is his name Melvin Labranch?" She questioned. I looked up at her smooth caramel face curious. " How do you know?". " Because there is word out on the street about it" she replied. I nodded and continued I told her everything up until now. "Wow I am so sorry you had to go through that" she said with full sincere. I decided to tell her my name." August" I stated. She looked up at me with those big blue Irises full of confusion. "My name is August" I started again. She then looked at me for a minute and said " Well August my name is Janiyah". I looked down at her noticing that the name fit her. "So Janiyah tell me about yourself" I stated. She grew tensed and took a few deep breaths. " You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I said. "No your good I just really need to vent to someone" she replied. She told me everything and by the end my blood was boiling. How could someone do that to their own daughter. She is to beautiful to go through that. " Im sorry your going through it worse than I am". I said. She looked at me wiping some tears from her eyes. She looked at the time on her phone and then jumped up frantic. She shook her head " I have to go August He is going to kill me" she cried. I truly felt bad for this girl. I stood up next to her and said" Give me your phone so I can put my numba' in it so you can call me if you need me" as she gave me her phone and I put my number in it. "Thank you " was all she said before running out of the park. I decided I should go home before my moms wonder where I'm at. I put my hands in my sweatshirt pocket and walked out the park and went home thinking about Janiyah.

Janiyah Satana POV
I ran home thinking what if he is awake, what if he is drunk or high, what if he kills me, what if he RAPES me again was all could think of while running. I finally got to my house and took a deep breath. I then quietly opened the door with my key. As soon as I did I felt a forceful hit go to my face. I fell to the ground and held my face silently sobbing. I looked up at the BASTARD standing before me holding an almost empty bottle of Hennessy. Looking at me with his piercing blue eyes. "Where were you" he muttered. I couldn't say anything because my sobbing was blocking the words that tried to come out. "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU" he yelled. "I was at the park and lost track of time, I'm sorry " I cried. That's when I felt a hard pain hit my stomach. He was kicking me, and he didn't stop until I kicked him away with my now weak legs. He stumbled back and looked at me angrily before throwing his Hennessy bottle at me. As it shattered against my skin the substance that was left in it sunk into my now open cuts, causing it to burn like hell. " DON'T YOU EVER COME HOME LATE AGAIN OR NEXT TIME I WILL KILL YOU" he yelled before walking out the door. I tried my best and crawled my aching body back into my room and got on my bed. I looked at my phone and I decided to call August because I needed help. I tapped on his name and it began to ring. It rang until the 3rd ring when he picked it up.
Phone Convo
August: "hello"
Janiyah: "hi August I'm sorry for bothering you but need help and I need to get to the hospital" I cried.
August: "Uh yeah ma ya fine I'll come take ya what's ya address?"
Janiyah: "ok it's 1384 Autumn Ave. Please hurry before He comes back."
August: " ok ma I'm on my way hold on tight."
End Of Convo
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Second Chapter. I know it's a short one but the next chapter will be a continuation of this chapter.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Vote and Comment please
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
❤️❤️-Nana