Part 1

The grey sky covered the top of the rickety grey building. From afar, you would think it was abandoned. The barely legible sign spelt out the words 'ORPHANAGE' in big scary letters. The name above had been so worn down you couldn't tell what it had once said. With a big pointy gate the building kept out everyone around them. No one wants to attempt to enter this building, which doesn't at all help those who are trying to get out.

      Suddenly, a dark blue Cadillac pulls up to the fence. The loud muffler could be heard from miles away. A woman with dark skin and even darker hair threw open the driver's door. She was stomping around in heels too high for this dull morning. Reaching the passenger side she pulls out a young girl. The young girl has no expression on her face, since she had no idea what was going on.

    The two girls got into the orphanage where they were greeted with exactly what you would expect. More grey. The sad color was covering the walls, floors, and counters. Nothing was safe from the touch of this. A bad feeling could be felt all around.

"Where are the damn nuns?" the woman said.

    As if the woman had the power to call anyone to her, two nuns flocked into the lobby. Both had smiling faces, something you would not think to see in this place. They bow down to the strangers when they reach them. The four of them contrasted each other immensely. While the nuns had crosses around their necks the others had either a cheap gold chain or scratches.

"Now before I hand this little brat over to you, you ladies are gonna want to know some things. She has been a nuisance over my whole life! Everything bad that has happened to me is because of her. I've lost my boyfriend, I've lost money, hell I've even lost some hair extensions.", the nuns winced at her use of language, "Oops, sorry nuns, but do you understand what I'm saying?" the woman asked.

"Of course, we will take very good care of your daughter." the nun on the right said.

"Well she's not my daughter anymore." the woman replied with a crooked smile.

    After page after page of paperwork, the little girl was watching her used to be mother walk out of the door. The girl still had little knowledge of what was happening to her. After living with her for five years, the girl hadn't experienced anything good. The last thing that had happened before she got to the orphanage was them getting kicked out of their one bedroom apartment.

    The girl recalls the memory of loud yelling and banging. She was sitting in front of the antenna controlled TV while her mother was asleep on the couch. Naturally the mother drank so much she had passed out, this was a common thing in her household. Someone was outside of the door, screaming for the mother to come out. The banging ceased and all she heard was "Alright then, I'm coming in!". The girl got a little nervous so she ran and hid behind the couch.

    The doorknob jiggled as it was being unlocked, that's what she focused on from her corner. A crack was open enough for the man behind it to come through. He ripped the chain lock off of the wall and charged in. Her mother finally awoke from her slumber and started yelling. She didn't even know what was happening yet, but she was ready to get in a fight. The two adults were in each others face, yelling unclear things at the top of their lungs.

    The mother said one thing precise enough for the man to understand. This angered him so much that he snatched the woman by her hair and dragged her out of the house. The little girl gasped and immediately began wailing. She had no idea what was happening. The man came clomping back into the house and spotted the girl.

"Come here you ugly little thing." he shouted, grabbing onto her hair as well. The young girl screamed in pain and terror. He brought her out to where her mom was and set her down.