Breathless

Hi guys, it's Beau_swift13 here. This is the first book I'm publishing onto Wattpad so please play nice and no hate. I would really appreciate your comments and feedback though. I hope you enjoy.

(Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

..................................................................................................................................

Prologue

Even though the village that he grew up in was dying around him there was only one thing on Alex's mind. To get his family to safety. His past has gotten him into trouble too many times before and now his family was at risk, including his daughter Aleisha. He had already sent his wife and son away before he grabbed his tired daughter from her room and ran with her out of the house. He knew Jason would get to his family if he had the chance and there was only one thing that mattered to him.

He wanted Aleisha.

Jason stood up and powered through the pain in his side from the gun shot, blood dripping from him. Alex was dragging his daughter through the streets of town, her blonde waves danced behind her. Her shoe fell off and she looked over her shoulder, her big blue eyes wide with shock as she looked up at Jason and told her father to go faster. She knew what he was after.

Alex picked up his daughter, his arms weak from several years of hard labour and ran as fast as he could, the limp in his left leg not slowing him down. People all around them all ran in the same direction and headed to the docks, piling onto the boats. Another gun shot fired into the air startling the daughter and she began to sob quietly into her fathers chest.

He passed his daughter into the hands of her mother and pushed the boat out to sea. His son started calling out to him, telling him to climb onto another boat but he ignored her. He turned around to face Jason, all his fear left his body and replaced with anger.

"You leave my family alone!" He yelled at Jason and pushed him back. People swerved around them, not bothered about the fight that was starting.

Jason smirked wickedly but didn't fight back "you know what I want!" He said, his voice low and hoarsely "and I won't stop until I have it"

He growled, trying as hard as he could to keep himself tame and once again pushed Jason back. He would never let Jason go anywhere near his family. Not with the twisted past they both shared.

"I will do everything I can to keep you away from my family Jason!" He promised and turned around getting himself caught in the crowd again.

He looked over his shoulder but found that Jason had gone and he sighed in relief. A boat to the left of him was slowly piling up so he jumped aboard it as it was easier than the others.

He sat down on a boat and watched a mother and daughter cling to each other in fear. Half of the girl's face was burnt and the mother looked up at him annoyed.

"Piss off will ya!" She barked furiously in her Bayou accent and pulled her daughter closer to her.

"I can help you. I promise. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm a professional" he moved closer to them and knelt down in front of the daughter. She didn't look that old, just a few years older than his own daughter but the burns on her face made it hard to tell.

"Hi sweety what's your name?" He asked and she wiped her eye.

"Hanna" she mumbled into her mother's chest.

"Hanna. That's a beautiful name!" He said and she giggled.

"Can you please face me" he asked and she slowly did so. Her face was much worse than he thought but he didn't mind.

"Ok can you please close your eyes Hanna" she looked up at her mother for her approval and then closed her eyes. He placed his hands on her face and shut his eyes, concentrating on healing Hanna.

His arms felt weak, like there was a flow of hit liquid pulling through his arms and out of his hands to Hanna's face. He didn't stop though. Hanna needed fixing and he would do whatever power he had to make sure she was fixed. He could feel his body getting weaker by the second but continued to push on.

He opened his eyes and pulled his hands away and stood up slowly, being careful not to fall. Hanna's face was almost completely healed and she looked up at her mother. Her mother placed a hand over her mouth and gasped at him.

"How on earth did you do that?" She asked him as he sat down on the bench again.

"It's a gift" he mumbled and smiled to himself as Hanna smiled sweetly up at him and thanked him for healing her.

But he knew his power was nothing to be thanked about.

...............................................................................................................................

Hi again.

Thank you so much for reading my prologue and continuing on would really mean a lot to me. As well as comments (no hate mail please).

Thanks again.

- Emma ♡