48. " The Inner Abyss "

Start from the beginning

(We only know few things about the Abyss so it can't be helped. We should trust what Shino said and continue.), Amaterasu telepathically said.

"The Inner Abyss, huh? It was the first time I heard of it. The place where the base of the Abyssal Knights is located, the Black Castle and the place where time pass by as well.", Yuuki mumbled.

After a while, something catches her attention.

"..... I think I see something..."

She quickly descends to observe the dim light and carefully touches.

"It feels like water....", Yuuki mumbled.

(This must be what Shino was talking about, the borderline between the outer Abyss and the inner Abyss.)

"Okay... I'm going in."

Yuuki plunges through but the moment she got though, she started falling down. She quickly summons a Shikigami to break her fall. Once on the ground she quickly observes her surroundings.

"This place isn't as dark as the upper world. It kind of resembles the human world but everything is blighted."

She looks around and notices some black figures.

"These dark human figures we see must be the residents here.... souls that fell victim to the Abyss. Is there any way to save them?"

(I don't know... darkness exists in every person so it won't be easy. That's why the Abyss only continues to grow strong. They seek deliverance as they continue to wander in the dark. If you really want to save them then don't lose to the dark side. For now, there's still nothing we can do for them but to find a way how to save them.)

"I don't plan to... if we manage to defeat the Abyss then I'll do everything in my power to save these poor souls."

(The Abyss won't perish completely.... as long as there are humans.)

Yuuki went silent knowing that the Abyss was born through people's strong negative emotions. Meaning to eradicate the Abyss is to wipe out everyone which is obviously not an option.

"So the only option we have is to mitigate the Abyss's influence.... the question now is..... how?"

(The answer will come to us eventually... for now, we should do what we can.)

"You're right... we should press on."

Many hours pass by but there's still no sight of the Black Castle.

"It's weird....", Yuuki said.

(What is?), Amaterasu asked.

"I've been walking for what it feels like days, but I don't seem to get tired or any sort."

(The Abyss is full of mysteries so you just have to get used to it while you're here.)

"I guess so... I remember that time when I once got dragged here, I was badly injured. By the time I regained consciousness my injuries were gone."

(It's either time went back and returned your body to it's original state or went forward making the healing process faster or what so ever... I don't know!)