Meetings

Alexa looked around at all the people and chose the closest empty table. It also happened to be close to the exit which worked out well.  She want to have a chance to observe the Guild members before talking to any of them.
The group closest to here was several men almost her parents age. There was one woman st with the five men.  She was the same age and sat near a guy with dusty brown hair. The next table over had a mother with three boys and a preteen girl. They all had varying shades of brown hair. It seemed one of the men from the first table was their husband and father because he occasionally got up to assist with the kids.
The next table along the back in the corner near the far wall sat three girls Alexa's age. One, with straight brown hair glared harmfully at Alexa.  On one side of her sat a blonder and on the other was a girl with ginger coloured ringlets.. There was a small dog sitting in a purse on the chair  chair next to the brunette.
At the table closest to Logan, at the bottom of the steps sat another group of teenagers. Two boys, both with brown hair but one a bit lighter as well as a blond girl, a brunette and a girl with ebony curls running down her back. He skin was dark and she seemed to be of Ann decent.
The next table over was empty then there were a couple sitting at the next. There was a raven perched on the back of one of the extractors with  them.
The last table, in the corner opposite Alexa, sat a group of elderly me and women. Two women and four men, one of which had a majestic eagle perched in his shoulder sat there.
Along Alexa's wall there seemed to be a buffet of sorts. Sandwiches and drinks were available and several of the Guild member seemed to have grabbed something before taking their seats.
As Logan did role call Alexa tried to match faces with names but the only one that stuck was the brunette who had glared at her.  Her name was Kelsey. When Logan finished he gestured to Alexa's table.
"We have Alexa, Kaleth and Patrick joining us tonight. I hope everyone can make them feel welcome. " he said as all eyes turned to stare at them. Pitch had managed to make a Swift getaway and was no where to be seen but Alexa had no doubt that he was still nearby. After a pause Logan drew everyone's attention back to the meeting. Apparently they had a lot of business to attend to. Not only did they help each other learn new magic and improve what they already had.
The Guild also got jobs. The main concern of these jobs was to keep everything magic hidden from non magical humans. Alexa began to realize there were far more magical beings than she knew about. Jobs could also involve dispelling a curse or charm.
There had been some sort of frost monsters called briskelles that had been messing with the growing season for several farmers east of the town.
There was a strange curse on a stump in the forest that caused it to throw off a nasty odour when anyone drew near. Apparently it was not a skunk.  The lights in the centre of town were all burnt out because of lightning bugs, with actual electricity, had been swarming. And something was in the forest decimating the wildlife. It wasn't a wolf or bear or any predator that normal humans could identify so the Guild had to assume it was a magical monster and destroy it.
When you completed a job you reported to the Guild and one of the teenagers at the front table, Nik, would report to the council and acquire your payment before the next meeting. Nik, Logan and the treasurer  Gavin attended both Guild meetings and council meetings. The other teenager sat with Nik was Gavin the treasurer.

When the meeting was finished Logan immediately headed their way. Pitch had appeared crouched under their tables and was watching everyone with his ears laid flat against his head. Logan was Followed by Nik and Gavin and he introduced them. They seemed a little put of when Patrick refused to shake hands and Alexa found it odd that Kaleth shook their hands as well. Then again he wanted to pretend to be human and she wasn't going to stop him. The girls that had sat at Gavin and Nik's table were next to come introduce themselves. The dark skinned girl was Brynne, the blonde was Kandi and the brunette was Casey. Casey stared at Kaleth mesmerized and it made him look extremely uncomfortable. Alexa  laughed a little on the inside.

Some of the older people came to introduce themselves. They all seemed friendly but their names seemed to blur together because there were so many to try to remember. Alexa did note that the three other teenage girls never came to say hello and kept their distance.

The youngest of the three boys, about five years old, that had sat with their mother was the first to notice Pitch.

"Oh my gosh, do you see this. Look at how big her familiar is. I never seen one so big." he said squatting down to look at Pitch. Alexa gritted her teeth and felt sorry for Pitch being the center of attention when it was the last thing he would want. The boy's brothers came over to see as well.

"Wow, what do you feed him?" asked the next oldest. He was probably ten or so. Alexa went to answer before the oldest of the three, only a little older than the middle boy, at maybe twelve.

"Does he drain your mana and make you tired all the time?" he asked. Alexa tried to answer again but this time the youngest cut her off.

"He's even bigged than our sheep familiar at home, and he sometimes makes daddy tired." he said, looking up at Alexa in awe. Alexa didn't know what to say in reply to all this praise so she didn't say anything. The oldest brother glanced at Patrick.

"Does he do any tricks? Our sheep doesn't do much other than eat and poop. Sometimes dad can get him to smash things. He's really good at that." he asked. Patrick shrugged.

"He can vanish and reappear out of no where." He stepped a little closer, obviously hoping to make friends with a couple boys his age. Alexa could see he was contemplating saying more and secretly kicked his foot to tell him to keep quiet. She didn't want everyone to know about their uncle until she knew the guild was safe. Patrick shot her a dirty look but obeyed to her silent command. Alexa was surprised to turn around and find Kaleth having a conversation with Gavin. She could guess what it was about but when he saw her watching him he looked up and smiled, as if he was glad to be here and never had any concerns about their safety. Alexa talked to a few more guild members, helped herself to a sandwich and tried to mingle. The meeting was slowly winding down. She hadn't brought up Patrick's condition to anyone but it seemed that Nik, Gavin and Logan were happy to help. Alexa extended an invite for them to come to their house that weekend. She presents them with Alistar's gruesome remains and maybe they'd have time to help Patrick out. The room was starting to clear out as everyone headed home. Gavin and Nik were the last to leave, waving their goodbyes before Logan ushered Alexa, Kaleth, Pitch and Patrick out the door. He locked the door and chanted a couple words over the key. When he pulled the key out of the lock the building vanished again. Alexa starred at the decrepit crumbled remains and wondered how it was done. She would have to get a lesson on that when Logan came on the weekend as well.

AUTHOR'S note:

Well here is the guild so far. I put a lot of work into planning a lot of different people. They might not have a lot of details so far but I have a name and little bit of info on all of them :-)

ALSO WOW this book is ALREADY at 92 in fantasy. THANK YOU for reading and voting and commenting(I think that's how you get a ranking) The first book is also ranking at 33 in Paranormal :-D Thank you thank you thank you :-) I hope you enjoy. I'm trying to plan out the next chapter now and it should have a little more action rather than so many descriptions :-)