Chapter 1: attack

Chapter 1

I watched him turn to ashes… slowly dissolving into nothing, as the wind carried them away. I didn’t feel anything as I stood there. No guilt, anger, remorse or even satisfaction, I just felt… nothing. I know you’ll probably think I’m heartless. Sometimes I think so myself. But no matter how many times I kill them nothing changes. People still get hurt, killed, lose someone close to them. Someone precious, like I did. I remember it as clearly as if it had happened today. I was only 4 at the time. Little, helpless, scared girl who couldn’t do anything to save her mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASH BACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 14 years year’s earlier:

“Mummy, when is daddy coming back? I really miss him and he promised he’ll take us to see gram in Spain.” I watched as mum made our dinner and set the table. She looked up and smiled at me.

“Honeybunch he’ll be here tomorrow and we’re going to see gram in a few days. I know you miss him and I do too, he’s just working and trying to earn money so me and you wouldn’t need anything.” She gave me a quick hug which I eagerly returned. “Now, eat your dinner and we’ll go see aunty Emma.”

I instantly lit up, I loved aunty  Emma! She always told me stories, fairy-tails that I loved…. About dark prince that had his heart as cold as ice and was waiting for a princess to come and save him, and his people… about people who turned to animals, some of whom were bad and some good… about witches and their magic and of course about fairies themselves. She told me there was a princess of witches once, called Annabelle, who saved her people and the world. I loved that story!

I eagerly ate all my dinner as fast as possible and looked at mum. She was smiling and shaking her head.

“Sery, I know you want to see your aunt, but don’t be rushing your food. I’m sure the story can wait a little.” I knew my mum loved aunt Emma just as much as I did. They were sisters. I wanted to have a sister like that too. Mummy and aunty always laughed and talked, I’ve never seen them argue… everyone loves them.

We finished our dinner and I helped to clean up. Then my mum helped me get dressed and we went outside. It was autumn and it was still warm outside although the night came faster. Together we walked towards my aunties house. I knew the road of by heart. We walked here almost every day.

In 10 minutes we were already standing outside aunty Emma’s house. It wasn’t too big, a medium house full of bright colors inside: green, blue, red, orange, yellow, pink, purple, buttercup, cream. Each and every color there is… for me it’s like her house is a fairy-tail it-self. I loved it. Before I could even nock, aunty opened the door and took me into a massive hug, I hugged her back and wrapped my legs around her waist, clinging to her like a monkey. Mum and aunty laughed.

“So sweetheart, how did your day go?” aunty asked me walking into the house, followed by mum.

“Great! We went to the park and there was a small dog and we played with him! Mummy promised to get me one for my birthday!” I told her excitedly.

“Really? I’m so happy for you! Are you going to bring him here for a visit?” she asked with a big smile. Aunty loves animals.

“Yes!” I exclaimed, “and then we can play together,” I turned to mum. “Right mummy?”

“Of course honey bunch,” she sat on the pink couch.

“Now Angel, would you go to the kitchen and have a look at what I got you?” aunty was smiling.

“Yep,” I looked at her curiously, “but how will I know it’s for me?”

“Oh I’m sure you’ll figure it out once you see it.” She winked at me and put me on the floor. I turned and skipped towards the kitchen. I looked around curiously. What could aunty have gotten me? I wondered to myself. Then I saw a big light blue bag on the counter. My favorite color! I ran over to the counter, before I could look inside the bag, I heard someone ring the doorbell. I wondered who it was. I didn’t want anyone to see me so I put the blue bag on my shoulders and quietly made my way to the door and stuck my head out just in time to see aunty open the door.

Before I could even see who was at the door, there was a loud bang and aunty Emma flew back, past me and hit her head on the wall. I was terrified, I couldn’t move. My mum came running out the door of the sitting room, she took one look at aunty then turned towards the door. I’ve never seen her look like that, I couldn’t understand what was going on. I watched in horror as mum took a step back and I saw a person standing at the door. The man looked younger than mummy, he looked the same age as my cousin, around 19. I’ve never seen him before. Brown eyes, brown hair, wearing all black.

“Where is the girl?” he asked.

And then my mum did something I couldn’t understand she was standing in the middle of the hall one minute and the next she was standing next to the man and her hands were on fire. I heard the man scream and turn towards mum. Then my aunty grabbed me before I could see what was happening and pulled me into the kitchen towards the back door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey thanks for reading. This is my second/first story? I'm kinda working on another one alongside this and I would have love to know what you think of this. I didn't finish the flashback yet, but don't worry i intend to in the next chappy. I'm sooo nurvous! Do you think it's good? Bad? should I continue? Please comment! 

VOTE - If you like it.

COMMENT (very important to me)

FAN- if you want to.

COMMENT (Otherwise i'm not sure if i should continue or not)

LIKE - obviously if you liked it.

As well as that if you have any ideas on characters, or maybe what's going to happen next feel free to private message me. I was thinking of doing a competition, what do you think about that?  Tell me. With (lots of) love, your Ani xxx