Chapter 9: New life, new identity.

CHAPTER 9

I felt like I was floating on the softest cloud. I couldn’t describe what I felt any other way. I felt an involuntary smile stretch my lips and yawned, stretching my libs in the comfortable bed. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room, lying on a huge four poster bed with silk forest green sheets.

The room was spacious and quiet modern with few immaculate details adding a nice touch, softening the modern look. There was a big crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The walls were white and grey with dozens of clocks of different sizes and shapes all over the room showing different times, the same wall had bookshelves filled with books, some looked new but some could be described as ancient. Another wall had mirrors placed randomly from floor to ceiling. The third wall had two glossy white doors with simple, straight silver-coloured handles. The forth wall was made completely of glass looking out to a beautiful forest and lake.

There were two white and silver bedside tables, a dresser with a big mirror, a white leather couch and chair. The person sitting on the chair and studying me with a lustful gaze was like a slap in the face, instantly woke me up and memories of what happened rushed back.

I grabbed the covers like they could protect me from anything and moved back against the headboard until I remembered that I had a role to play. Just fantastic. Please note the sarcasm.

I made myself relax and slowed my frantically beating heart, changing my blank expression into a smile and looking him up and down.

To be completely honest with myself my memory hadn’t done him any justice. He seemed even more exotic sitting lazily on the white leather chair with the amazing view as a background. He truly seemed like a fairy out of some children’s books but I wasn’t entirely sure he could ever be the hero of a story. He looked less pale in the daylight and his raven hair shone in the sun-light. His unusual, ash-mauve eyes sparkled with lust and something darker, more sinister, his lips were moulded into a permanent daring smirk.

Today he was wearing dark jeans and simple black v-neck, with his feet bare and hair tied back from his face. His legs were stretched out in front of him and his arms were crossed over his chest. Any photographer would kill to be able to capture this beautiful creature.

“Your hair contrasts beautifully against the bed sheets my darling.” His melodic voice sent shivered up and down my spine and I’m ashamed to say that it wasn’t only because of the dark undertone to it.

No time to think Serena, you have to put on the performance of your life. Whatever you do, don’t show any fear or repulsion and try to believe what you’re doing…for the safety of everyone.

I lazily stretched and looked around once more. This room was definitely not something I would have expected of an ancient vampire. It was more along the lines of a castle with dark oppressing furniture and mostly red and black colours. Guess I watched too many vampire movies.

He chuckled. “Not what you expected. Am I correct?”

I nodded and smiled. “Don’t judge a book by its cover, huh?” I started to get up and only then noticed that I was only wearing underwear.

Now, under normal circumstances I would have screamed and covered myself but I had to play my role. And this ancient vampire believed that I was a vampire seductress. Then so be it.

I strolled over to the windows, noticing how his eyes trailed up and down my body with each step I took. “See something you like?” I smiled.

I was pressed against the wall before you could say “bloodsucker” with his lips trailing against my jaw. I forced out a giggle.