30• God Complex

• 4:47 p.m •

   I've been at Jesse's house for a while now. I'm getting a little tired but I don't wanna fall asleep here. We got bored and decided to try to bake brownies. So far so good. We put them in the oven and waited for them to finish.

"Skylarrrr!!!" Jesse sang.

"Damn, you can sing!" I walked over to him.

"Yeah, I just don't like singing though."

"Why?! You sound amazing."

"I mean, everyone at Solar Eclipse knows I can sing but I just choose not too. Singing makes me look like a bitch."

"No it doesn't, it makes you even more attractive. Why don't you rap and sing?"

"I don't look like the type to rap."

"So? Take the world by surprise and spit some bars."

"Nah, it's not my thing. I can play the saxophone though!"

"Really?! Can you show me?" I said excitedly.

"When we get to the studio in New York. I left it there last week anyway."

"Alright. So what do you wanna do?" I leaned over the counter.

I caught him starring at my ass. He bit his lip and pushed his glasses up. "Whatever you wanna do."

"If I knew, I would've told you. Anything in mind?"

"Nah, to be honest. How about you help me make some beats?" He went to get his laptop and keyboard.

"Sure, you have to teach me though."

"I got you. It ain't that hard." He pat the spot next to him on the couch.

I sat next to him and waited for his instructions.

"Alright." He got on a program on his laptop. "Press a key on the keyboard."

I pressed a key and it made clapping noise.

"Hell no, hold up!" He deleted the claps and added bass.

After thirty minutes we made a hard ass beat.

"Yoooo! I'm rockin' wit it!" Jesse smiled and gave me five. "You made this!"

I giggled and gave him a high five. "I did didn't I?"

"You have potential." He said.

I looked down and grinned.

   Jesse saved the beat onto a file and lead me into his room.

"What are we doing?" I asked awkwardly.

"Just wanna show you something." He smiled.

I scratched the back of my neck. "Ok...what is it?"

"Come, in the closet."

"Fuck no." I backed up. "Whatchu tryna do..."

He sucked his teeth. "It ain't nothing. I don't want to wake him up by picking him up and showing you."

I looked in the closet and giggled. "You have a hedgehog?"

 "You have a hedgehog?"

"Yeah...one of my boys had him and couldn't take care of him so I took it. If I didn't take him he would have to die and I ain't 'gon do a nigga like that."

"Aw, that's cute!"

"I ain't the type to adopt and shit or whatever this is but this hedgehog looked badass."

"What's his name?"

"Tyrone."

I died laughing. "You lying!!!"

He laughed too. "Nah, his name is Taco."

"Aw!!! Can I touch him?" I squealed.

"Sure, I swear. My nigga Taco get more girls than me. Imagine if I put that on my bio, I'm just a nigga with a hedgehog named Taco."

I picked him up. "He's cute, you just a pretty boy and boy if you put that in yo bio I'm gonna have to cook you!"

He licked his lips and started feeling himself. "I mean...you ain't lying about me being pretty!"

"Sit down, feeling yo self."

"You can take Taco with you for the night. He moves around too much anyway." We went back to the living room.

"Really!?" Taco was sleeping in my hands.

"Yeah, if you want."

"Awwwwww!" I hugged Jesse.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll give you his food and stuff when you leave." He peeled me off of him.