But

[Reader POV]

I was surprised when I saw an orange gem in place of the huge lady that I stabbed. I picked it up and brought it back to my room. I put it on my nightstand and went to get ready for the day.

~{Time skip}~

[Jasper POV]

Once I regenerated I looked for the human, but couldn't find her. I decided to do some research till she returned, grabbing the laptop and looking up the regular habits and humanly requirements for female humans. Eating, sleeping, menstruation, exercise, work, sicknesses and some other things. I looked up every single one and studied it. For some strange reason I wanted to take care of this person who stabbed me. I guess I felt impressed respectful for the person that could actually take me by surprise and strike me down.
     Suddenly I heard the front door open. I readied myself for anything that might happen. The human walked into the living room yet I was not prepared for what happened. She didn't notice me. She just walked back into the kitchen after setting her bag down so I followed her.

[Reader POV]

I shoved some bread in the toaster and got out the peanut butter. I turned around to get a butter knife but was greeted with a big, orange torso instead. I yelped and jumped back, looking up to the golden eyes of the tall figure. I quickly grabbed a steak knife and held it out in front of me, shakily.
"Wh-who are you??" I questioned, trying to act brave.
"Call me Jasper. Now, what do I call you, human?" They asked. I was slightly shocked that this stranger willingly told me their name and asked for mine but then again they obviously weren't human.
"(Y-Y/n)..." I said.
"(Y/n). Nice." Jasper said.
     I slowly lowered the knife I clutched.
"So...um...why are you here..Jasper?"
"I need to live here."

(A/N: ahh, finally after not updating for forever I get to leave you guys on a cliff hanger. Don't you just looooove me)