Chapter 1: parent project

Stiles made it just in time for his health class as he ran and stumbled his way to his desk before falling into his seat with a sigh.

"Ah, so you cared to join us Mr. Stilinski" his teacher Mr. Murdock said sarcastically as he grinned.

"Dude you're late" his best friend Scott laughed from behind as Stiles dropped his bag before resting his head on the desk. "You look horrible by the way, what happened?"

"Dad happened", Stiles said annoyed, "what did he do?" Scott asked again, "he was drunk by the time I got home yesterday night. He was mumbling about mom again" he explained unwillingly. "Aw dude, I'm sorry" Stiles' best friend looked at him in pity, he hated that.

"Parent project!" Mr. Murdock said excitingly as the class groaned. "Each of you will get paired up and will have to take care of this little sweetheart" Mr. Murdock held up a robotic baby in his slim arms.

"And don't worry, there are enough of them for all of us! It's a robotic baby that needs feeding, changing, care and of course, love. And don't try to avoid it, or even hack it somehow. It has a chip in its neck that will tell me if it has been neglected. You have to carry and hold it like a real baby! Each pair will be given a doll with keys. If the baby is hungry, use the blue feeding key, if it needs changing, use the yellow key. When the baby is crying, comfort it! And so on. Now for a whole week, you and your partner will be having the responsibility of a baby. You need to make schedules, and DO NOT forget, this baby is like a real one. Treat it right, and it won't be much of a problem. Treat it wrong, you'll probably end up waking up every hour with a screaming baby. You will also need to bring the baby to school. All the classes are informed that if the baby cries, you're allowed to step out. And if you have a job, get a babysitter"

"Whoa, guess someone put a lot of effort in this" Scott laughed, "yeah, I know" Stiles chuckled, he hoped he would get paired up with the new girl Allison.

"At last, you will be given a partner by writing your name on a piece of paper, and then, put it  in this bowl"

Everyone did as the teacher said.

After four pairing were made, Stiles' name was read out loud. He waited in excitement.

"Stiles Stilinski, you will be paired with... Derek Hale!" Mr. Murdock finally said.

"Wait, a guy?!" Stiles looked around him, some of the other students laughed.

"Yes, a guy Stilinski" Murdock continued his pairing as Stiles looked over to his left. There sat Derek Hale. The boy who had lost his entire family except in younger sister and his uncle in a fire. Nobody really knew him, he was alone most of the time. Didn't talk much.

When Murdock was finished, he straightened up, "have a pleasant week everyone!"