Chapter 1

"Mom, what are we doing for the summer?" I ask. 

My name is Jessica I'm seventeen and after this summer, I'll be a senior in high school. I'm a very social person when it comes to new people in my life. I have a brother named Devin and he's in college and he works in real estate, so we don't see him very often. 

"You're going with Tyler and his family to Miami." My mother answered walking into the kitchen. 

Tyler is my neighbor. He and my family live right in front of us. Let me tell you one thing, he is one sexy son of a gun. But unfortunately, he's my brother's best friend, so yeah. No boyfriend there.  But yeah, Tyler is yummy.  He always comes here to eat our food and to mess with me. I think he likes me. He used to just come and play video games with my brother, but since he left for college, Tyler comes when he knows it's just gonna be us. I can't say that I don't like him. I do. It's just that the idea of us not making it could ruin the ties of our families. Our families are so close. We throw parties and even take trips together.

"So when are we going shopping?" I ask her.

"Tomorrow." She says, just as the doorbell goes off.

Walking to the door, I open it to find the oh-so-sweet Tyler. He's probably here for food like always. 

"The food isn't ready yet," I say closing the door until his hand stops the door from closing.

"I didn't come for food. I came to ask you when do you wanna go shopping for Miami." He asks pushing his way into the house.