I made a mental list in my head of what I needed to do before I could let everything go and have the breakdown that I knew was impending. First, I needed to find out where Tansy and my mother were. I knew for a fact they weren't in the house - for obvious reasons - but I also knew they wouldn't still be at the flower shop; Tansy got antsy when she was confined in small places for too long. I called just to be sure, only to have my mother's assistant answer the phone.

"Sorry, hun, she left over an hour ago."

I couldn't do this on my own. No way. I needed Knox. I need him, now.

I walked to the closest bus station, which was only about five minutes away, and swiped my student pass before making the trip to Knox's business office. I'd never been there before because when Knox was usually there, I was in class and when he wasn't there, we were typically at home together. Thankfully, I did know exactly where it was located.

Getting off the bus, I walked the few blocks needed to get there before my steps halted abruptly. I tried not to be intimidated by the large building that loomed above me, but it was difficult. Even though Knox didn't own the whole building - he just rented the top two floors - it was still overwhelming.

I took a deep breath and pushed on, having to use more strength than I thought would be necessary to get the huge, metal front doors open. I kept my cool through the entire elevator ride, the annoying music wearing away at my resolve. I even tried my best to keep my tears at bay while walking up to the secretary's desk on Knox's first floor, but when the woman looked up and our eyes met, her expression morphed into one of pity that caused a single tear to slip out. I must've looked worse than I thought...

"Hi there! Is there anything I can help you out with?" she questioned sweetly. Her voice reminded me of my mother's own soft, sweet one which made it even harder not to let the floodgates in my eyes open up.

"U-um, can you tell me where Knox Carmichael's office is, please?" I rasped out, more than aware that my voice was quiet and mouse-like, Unfortunately, it was all I could manage at the moment.

"Head up one more floor to level six and Molly, the floor secretary, will be able to help you, hun," she murmured. I nodded and did as advised all the while harshly biting my quivering lip. When the elevator doors finally opened once again, I momentarily forgot all about my sorrows - awestruck by my surroundings. This place was huge. The open concept of this floor really showcased how large the space truly was. I couldn't believe Knox had achieved all of this from the ground up; and without any help, too.

Once again, I was reminded of how amazing this man was.

I stopped ogling the office long enough to see him walking down the hall. He was heading in my direction with a group of men dressed just like him trailing behind. He was talking heatedly with the man right next to him as he flipped through a stack of papers he was clutching.

"Knox," I called out hoarsely before clearing my throat.

Bad idea I thought to myself as every set of eyes within hearing distance snapped to me. What were they all staring at? Hadn't they ever seen a woman in distress before? Knox took one look at me before his face scrunched with worry. He shoved the papers into the hands of the man he'd been talking to, muttering a harsh take care of it before striding towards me quickly.

"What's wrong, Flower?" he murmured, winding his arms around my frame and cradling me against his chest. He made me feel so safe in just a few simple seconds. I shook my head, my throat far too tight with emotion to utter a single word without completely losing it. It was then that I realized everything around us had become silent - I had no doubt everyone was watching our encounter with intruding eyes.