prologue - part 2

» time skip: 4 years later «

"hey justin" i greeted justin as he walked to me, my heart raced at the sight of him, "hey jamie" he replied as we fist bumped and headed to my locker, "so uh, i wrote a poem about you and grey" justin said and i smiled.

"can i hear it?" i asked and his eyes widened and he shook his head, "pleasee?" i pleaded but he bit his lip and shook his head, i sighed as i really wanted to hear it, especially now that he didn't want me to hear it? was it something nice about me? mean?

"come on justin" i begged as i opened my locker and took out the schoolbook. despite being a year younger than justin, as i am smart they raised me a grade higher. "hello losers" i heard claude drawl from behind us, i sighed as we turned around in sync to find our two favorite bullies, claude and veronica.

"what do you want?" i asked angrily and veronica laughed, she winked at justin and flaunted her non-existent boobs in the air. i rolled my eyes, here in canada everybody around my age had a crush on justin, but what's sweet of him is that he stays in the lower ranks because i'm a hated girl around here.

"isn't it obvious? we want your money" claude said as he pointed at my locker, i frowned at him, "how about no" i replied as i crossed my arms, why on earth would i give him my money? "bitch i said we want your money!" veronica peeped up, i gasped as she cursed. in our household it was forbidden to curse.

"veronica, claude. please go back to hell, where you came from" justin spat, veronica winked flirtily at him and i rolled my eyes, "jusie, how about we hang out tonight?" she asked flirtily and i mentally rolled my eyes, we're only in 7th grade!

"roses are red" i started, justin caught my gaze and smiled, "violets are blue" he continued, we grinned at each other as we said together "please go away, because we freaking hate you". veronica wrinkled her nose in disgust and claude laughed.

"just because you two can rhyme doesn't do shit. ver and i are hot and you two are not" he said as he smirked, i mentally laughed at him, he was so stupid i can't even deal with it.

"hey jamie" i heard justin call me and i smiled at him, we linked arms purposely and walked away from them, justin and i have been close for the last 4 years since i met him and i'm so thankful.

ever since i moved to the richer part of canada i've been mocked and bullied by all the kids here, but that changed when i met justin. my only bullied now are veronica jean and claude granger. the two 'popular' kids of middle school.

"justin" i said and he looked at me, we released arms and sat on a bench, "i- uh... thank you" i thanked him, he smiled at me and shrugged, "don't sweat it" he said as he patted my shoulder, i felt tingles fly from my shoulder till my toes.

"after all... i always help people i care about" he said and i completely lost it, my brain was having a disco party and my stomache decided to join it, i felt like somebody took my belly and spun it around like a basketball.

"t-thanks" i replied as i bit my lip, he licked his lips and smiled lightly, then we heard the bell, saved by the bell from this awkward convo, we stood up and started walking, "i have poetry" justin said, "and i have art class" i continued, we fist bumped and headed to our different directions,

» time skip: 6 hours later «

i hurried to pick up my brother from his preschool which was directly across my own school, mom said that since i was 12 and mature enough, i could pick up steve from preschool so i do it every day.

"hey jamie" i heard and i spun my head around to see justin, i stopped running and let him catch up to me, "so uh, ask your parents about dinner tonight" he said with a smile and i nodded.

justin and i always plan to have dinner between our two families, justin and i have a bond of a brother and a sister, a bond of best friends. but he always has these flirty-nice comments that make me want more... scratch that- i always want more.

i waved goodbye and started to run to steve's preschool, i entered the building and headed to his playgroup class, i entered it to find steve talking to his little friends anthony and patricia. they were playing an intense game of eye spy. is it illegal to be that cute?

"stevie bear" i called out and he spun to me with a smile on his face, "jamie!" he exclaimed and climbed out of his beanie bag and ran to give me a hug, patricia and anthony raced after him and little patricia gave me a hug too, anthony waved hi.

anthony once told steve that i was a pretty girl and 4 year old steve's protective brother self decided to make a few rules: no hugging jamie, no talking to jamie and no asking her to be a mommy and you are the daddy. i love stevie.

"woah woah slow it down" steve scoffed at anthony, anthony caught my gaze and blushed, i waved hi to him and took little stevie's lunchbox and waterbottle, we waved goodbye and thanked the playgroup teachers and started walking home.

"stevie, mommy promised to make chocolate cake for us today!" i reminded steve excitedly, his face lit up and he licked his lips, "yummy!" he exclaimed and he pointed on his cheek, "kiss?" he asked and i bent down and gave him a peck on his cheek.

we walked for ten minutes, talking about preschool, new toys, dinosaurs, anthony, patricia, his preschool teachers, ice cream, and about justin and his 3 year old sister jazmyn and his 1 year old brother named jaxon.

we finally arrived at the house, the police were all around our house and a rather fat police officer eating a chocolate frosted donut with rainbow sprinkles from dunkin donuts came to steve and i.

"are you the riverstone kids?" the police officer asked and we nodded slowly, he pstted steve's head gently and took a large portion of the donut and stuffed it in his mouth, "the news you shall recieve shall be a little hard on you" he said and i raised my eyebrow.

i pushed him away and ran inside the house, the police officers around tried to stop me but i slid under the 'warning' tape that was all around and ran into the house.

i pushed all the people in there and ran to where all the commotion was, my eyes widened and tears slipped out of my eyes and ran down my cheeks, my knees felt weak looking at the sight before me.

mom was laying on the floor pointing a gun at herself and dad was laying too on the floor but his hands were grabbing a knife that is stabbing his heart, his whole shirt was bloody and so was my moms.

they were dead.

police officers all around grabbed me and pulled me away, but it was too late, i could not unsee the puddles of blood on the floor, the bloody chest my father had, the gun that my mom shot herself in the head.

my whole body was shaking and i couldn't talk anymore, my throat was dry and i saw justin and aunt pattie, they both gave me a look of pity and i ran to them, aunt pattie embraced me in her arms as i weakily cried on her shirt.

after a while steve started crying and aunt pattie and i released, aunt pattie hugged steve and justin gave me a hug, i started to calm down at justin's touch. i couldn't believe justin was hugging me- but the reality of my parents commiting suicide was making this harder.

i started sobbing into justin's shoulder, i smelled his delicious scent but that made me cry even more, i finally decided to let go, "i'm ruining your shirt" i told him and he shook his head and pulled me back into the hug,"i can replace my shirt but i can never replace you jamie" he whispered in my ear. and i almost fainted.

· · ·

hehe, how did you like it?

comment what you think :3

word count: 1462 words