Chapter 2: The Infamous Pick-up Line

I twisted and turned uncomfortably in my seat whilst digging my fingers in my seatbelt in somewhat fear because of my father driving at a very fast speed, nearly getting us a ticket, and my mother glaring at everything that her retina captured.

Their mood had been like this ever since we left the hospital. It was obvious actually; I mean I can't even think of what all thoughts may have gone through their minds when I made my decision. But truth to be told, I couldn't see my parents pain filled face again anymore. I couldn't even go through that hobo's words and therapies either 'cause instead of curing my state, I was getting more depressed. Sometimes, I even wanted to pick up a knife or scissor and stab myself to relief myself from this pain of these nightmares.

The car stopped with a screeching sound nearly making the car jump. My father got out with the speed of lightning, while my mother got out slowly, so slowly that it looked almost on purpose. And at last, I got out.

As soon as I reached the entrance of our house, the same policeman was standing there just with a smile today, with Mickey mouse notepad and pen in his hand.

Mickey mouse? Seriously anything but that! I looked at him irritated. I was never really irritated with anyone often, but it was so freaking annoying to see him smiling while my life is in swamp. I slowly reached to grasp the hand he had held out almost inhumanly at the sight oh-so glorious me.

"Officer," my father nodded his head towards him. My mom, without even acknowledging the officer, making the smile on his face fall down, rushed inside through the door. My heart throbbed for the poor man. But, my father still had the emotionless facade on his face.

"Umm...so what did you dream today of?" The officer asked whilst slanting his body sideways leaning on our car to have support for writing. My father sighed a somewhat frustrated breath at the same time when I did it! Reason being, although my face is similar to my mothers, my attitude is more like my father's.

"Jinx! Haha, ha....umm," Well, maybe the lightning up idea wasn't really bright..... My father frowned towards me, while I just smiled sheepishly and the officer just tapped his feet on the ground. A sign of irritation. Never thought I was capable of that....

'Ash this accident is really turning you into psycho.' I literally slapped myself out of my blank out. Thinking of me dancing like a monkey while grinning my teeth out and wearing a granny gown. I shrieked at the thought. I might not be really girly, but I do respect my female dignity.

"Miss, the dream..." I looked up to the officer who was now looking at me weirdly.

"Yes... so this time I was in a metallic room sitting on a hospital bed. I was tied...I-I mean my wrist and legs. Then there was this huge skeleton thingy coming towards me with a huge saw in his hand, covered in blood. H-he towered above me and...well I don't know whether it was a he or she but, let's take it as a he since well, male are the assh-Umm... so he brought the saw down with force towards my eye and then I woke up." I ended up my rant with thumping my hand loudly on the car, making both the men jump slightly.

"That's all?" It was now my turn to look at him weirdly.

"I'm sorry, what else did I need to dream in my nightmare, sir?" That shut him up. Good. He cleared his throat in a weird way and stood straight closing the notepad. We, I and my father, stood there for a few seconds before it dawned upon us that the policeman was not planning to leave just now.

"Mr. Moss, I need to talk to your daughter about some matter," he said gesturing towards me. My father opened his mouth, as if to protest, but the next thing I knew, he was into the house.