Chapter seven

For the next few days, I would always make food for Germany, and leave it at his door.
I always found the dirty dishes in the sink anyways, and he must've gotten up very early to clean them, because even though I tried, I just couldn't catch him!

I didn't see him since that night, and I couldn't sleep on the couch since it was very lumpy, and I was surprised I could even fall asleep on it on that night. I remember that I would stay up for hours, just trying to catch him in the act.

I finally caught him in the act one morning.
I had gotten up to get a drink when I heard shuffling in the kitchen. At first I thought it was a burglar, so I hid behind the living room curtain. I grabbed the nearest thing, and waited. Which was an umbrella!

I peaked and saw the light on, and the water running in the kitchen sink. I was confused, and thought why a burglar was washing our dishes when I heard his voice!

"Verdammt, I hate getting up zhis early vhen I von't be even training." He mumbled to himself.

"~Ve? Germany?" I whispered to myself confused and tip toed to the kitchen quietly.

I gulped and peaked around the corner and saw him washing dishes. He looked terrible.
His eyes were blood-shot, and he had a beard growing. He looked as though he hadn't slept in days, but he still ate thankfully. He wiped his eyes and continued to wash.

I was tempted to say something, but I knew I couldn't. I mean, what could I say? Poor Germany! I backed away and back into the living room. I hit the back of my knee on the coffee table and gasped. I covered my mouth and started to sprint back to my room.

"Italia? Is zhat you?" I heard him ask and I just made it behind the corner back into the hallway.

I peaked and saw him with a confused look as he looked around the living room. I gulped and tip toed back to my room quietly. I closed the door carefully behind me and headed to bed.

~

I slept for a few more hours after that before making breakfast. Of course, Germany was back in his study once again, so I left breakfast by the door and proceeded to clean the house.
I cleaned the bathroom, the basement, the living room, and finally arrived to Germany's room.

The bed was still made, but the dressers were beginning to collect dust. I dusted off the shelves, and fluffed his pillows. I walked out of the room and took a look down the hallway.

His study door was open! I raced to the room and looked inside, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. I frowned then I was met with the stench. I gagged and noticed the garbage full, trash and papers were strewn about, and the bookshelves needed some serious dusting.
I grabbed my trusty push-broom and began sweeping.

~

It took only twenty minutes, and I happily sorted through his papers and smiled contently to myself. I kept glancing at the door just in case, but he didn't return for quite a while.
I sighed as I saw his country map, and a huge torn was through the middle where Prussia used to reside.

I found some tape and taped it up, and marked it as "Prussia."

Prussia wasn't going to disappear anytime soon! Many of his residents still reside in Germany, so there will always be Prussians around. I dusted off a picture of me, Germany, and Japan on the island we were stranded on.
I was happily waving to the camera, while Japan only nodded, and Germany had grimaced.

I giggled and cleaned for a little while longer as I waited. I shook my head and closed the door to the study, and headed to the kitchen.
I began making dinner and called Zoe.

"~Ve! Hello-a Bella!" I said happily and she giggled.

"Hello Feli, how are you?" She asked.

"Oh! I'm-a good! I'm sorry I had to-a cancel our dinner date." I said sadly.

"Oh it's fine! Everything turned out better then expected really, I...well, I met someone." She said and I thought of her blush.

I laughed, "Oh! That's-a great news! What's his name?"

She giggled, "His name is Vladamir. He's very sweet."

'Romania?'I thought in surprise.

"That's-a good! We all deserve happy endings."

She giggled, "Yeah! You ought to go ask that girl out, if you do love her, it would be so romantic!" She said happily.

I blushed, "Maybe..."

"What's her name again?" She asked.

"Lu- I mean, yeah, Lucy." I said face-palming.

She laughed, "What a name!"

~

We talked for a little while longer and she said she had to go. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I walked around the house for a bit and smiled. I heard the front door open and close and I ran to it suddenly. It was Germany, but he was all cleaned up!