“Who are you?!” Someone came out from one of the building and growled fiercely at me. I startled at the sudden voice and looked around. There were like 2 to 3 men standing behind me.

“I… I mean no harm. I was just… looking around…” The guys didn't look as intimidating as Jayden but they still seem pretty scary to me.

“Looking around?” One of the guys looked around the area and turned back to me. He looked at me suspiciously.

The guy sniffed the air and stared at me. “You are a human…” The guy looked disbelieved at that fact.

“How did you get here?” The guy narrowed his eyes at me.

“I…” What should I say? Should I say that I’m Brayden’s mate? But they don’t seem to know that Brayden has a mate. Probably he didn’t want anyone to know. I felt kind of hurt at the thought of it. Should I say that I'm a friend of Chloe? Will they believe me? They might kill me if I say I’m a turning beast. 

“I’m... I’m leaving already.” I was about to walk away before the guy stopped me.

“Not so fast.” The other 2 guys moved swiftly and stood in front of me, blocking my exit.

“How did you enter the house?” The guy asked me.

“I…” What should I reply?!

“Ethan? What’s going on?” A female walked out of the building and headed towards the guy who was asking me questions.

“Sophia, get back into the house.” So this Ethan guy told Sophia but his eyes never left mine. Sophia looked at him with a puzzled look and then she turned to look at me and back to him again.

“Who… is she?” Sophia asked Ethan. Ethan shrugged his shoulder.

“Trying to find out now.” Ethan replied. He pushed her behind him and held onto her hip. They were probably mates. Ethan was protecting her from me, thinking that I was a threat.

“I really mean no harm. I’m a friend of Chloe. Because there are some issues hence, I’m currently staying here.” I decided to use the ‘friend’ reason. Ethan raised his eyebrow and looked at me with a debating look. He was trying to figure out whether I was lying or not.

“If you don’t believe me, you can go and ask Chloe. We can go together.” I said. I didn't want to make any enemies. I was Brayden’s mate and it would better that I was on good terms with the people here. I started making my way to the main house. I walked past the 2 guys who were blocking my way and asked them to follow me. Looking at them clearly, they all have toned skin. Ethan looked more buff than the other 2. Ethan had black short hair. His eyes were small and were brown in colour. As for the other 2, one had brown hair and had a long fringe which covered one of his eyes. I looked into his other eye and saw that his eye was green in colour. The other has golden hair. He also has bigger and rounder eyes. His eyes were golden in colour. Out of the 3, this guy looked friendlier.

“What are your names?” I asked the 2 of them. Both of them looked at each other and then looked at me again.

“I’m Hailey.” I introduced myself first. They might be afraid that I was a threat so they were cautious in telling me their names.

“Landon.” The one with brown hair said as he fidgeted awkardly.

“I’m Brandon.” The one with golden hair said and he gave me a smile. So I was right in saying that he was friendlier.

Just as we were walking, I felt something weird bubbling inside me. This feeling… It can’t be. Why out of the sudden?! They might really think that I'm a threat to them. No no. Not now. How… How… I stopped suddenly and turned to them. I took a few steps back to make a certain distance between them.