Chapter 8

Y/n's POV
"We have to catch the guy." Hiro says.

"Hiro?"

He turns around and he looked so infuriated and determined from something.

"Who are you catching?" He seems very upset with this guy.

"The man in the mask! He stole my microbots and set the fire on purpose! He's responsible for Tadashi's death."

Is this kid crazy? I understand that he lost his brother from the guy but catching him is going to be difficult. I just give him an uneasy nod.

"Alright but how are we going to catch him?" He gave me a smirk.

"Baymax here is going to get some upgrades. We're heading down to the garage to start with his armor. Want to come?" I shook my head.

"I'll catch up with you later. Don't let Aunt Cass see you."

He sends me a small two-fingered salute and brings Baymax downstairs.

I go to my side of the room and closed the divider.

"If I have the ability to heal quickly, what other things can I do?" I whisper to myself.

I look at a bottle of water and see if I can manipulate water. Eh. Might as well try. I take a deep breath and focus on the water. The result of was not what I expected. I ended up freezing the water instead of moving it. Oh my god.

"I can't believe it." I said staring at the bottle.

I have superpowers? Well that does explain the rapid healing and being able to jump to that window at the warehouse so easily. But how did I get them? Probably this necklace that my parents told me to never take off. Once I think about it, it never became tighter as I grew older. Wait. Did I not pretend being a superhero when I was younger? Cuz I would've used my powers back then. I pushed those thoughts away and tried to experiment more. Maybe it'll help catch the guy.

I practiced freezing the water and thawing it over and over again until I got control of it. I tried to see if I can create ice on any object and surprisingly I can. Hehe, just like Elsa. I also finally learned to move water, which was my first goal, by trying not to focus too hard. Now that I've controlled that, I try fire. Hopefully, I don't burn anything.

I peek through the divider to see Hiro out of sight. I shrug and try the candle at the room.

Surprisingly, I can light it. I lit it up, then put it out, and lit it up again, and put it out. Now I'm starting to question this. How in the world am I able to do this? There's no scientific explanation for me to be able to create fire, ice and water all from thin air. It just doesn't make sense. Is there something injected in my bloodstream? Nah that wouldn't work. Maybe just a trick of the mind? Yeah. I got nothing. This all sounds stupid but it just happened.

After being satisfied with my powers and controlling it, I come down stairs to see Aunt Cass with Mochi on her lap watching an old horror movie. I tiptoe my way to the garage to see Hiro with Baymax in full carbon fiber armor. Hiro was putting a red chip in one of Baymax's slots while I walked up next to him.

"Wow. You did well with hiding his huggable design." I state.

"Well I learned from my bot fighting experiences." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Don't worry I stopped bot fighting when Tadashi introduced me to SFIT."

I slowly nod my head and look at Baymax.
He blinks a bit before saying, "I fail to see how karate helps me become a better healthcare companion."

I see Hiro pull out a plank of wood. "You want to keep me healthy don't you? Punch this." And with that, Baymax breaks the plank in half.

Hiro and I looked at each other with grins on our faces and we fist bumped.

"Yes!"

While Hiro gets some more planks for Baymax to break, I go out to find a pack of gummy bears that I owe him.

I come back to see him yell "Back kick!"

I look over to see Baymax break an empty shelf to splinters. I stared at the bot in awe. He was a soft marshmallow before, who couldn't do any damage to an ant and here he is, breaking the shelf without much effort.

My thoughts abruptly ended when I hear "GUMMY BEARS!!!"

He turns to see me with a look that says 'are you serious?'.

He rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment with his cheeks heating up a bit and I threw the pack of gummy bears at him. He drops his arm to see me with a small grin.

"I owe you from earlier remember?"

He makes an 'o' shape in his mouth before ripping the bag open and eating it. I go up to Baymax and observe his armor.

"You think Baymax can handle that guy?" I say as I poked at his armor. He nods his head with confidence while he still has a mouth full of gummy bears stuffed in his cheeks.

After a few more minutes of Baymax working on his karate moves, he finally ended with both of them bowing.

Hiro was so excited he went to Baymax with his fist up saying "Fist bump!"

Baymax just blinked at him.

"Fist bump is not in my fighting database."

I shook my head at Baymax and Hiro explained.

"No. This isn't a fighting thing. It's what people do sometimes when their... excited or... pumped up."

He turned to me and we both hit our palms together, then the back of our hands. We make them into fists and we bumped them, making an explosion sound after.

He turns to Baymax and slows down the steps for him to follow. And when Hiro finally made the explosion sound, Baymax goes "Badalalala." I giggled at the scene in front of me. He may look menacing but he's still the adorable nurse bot I know.

"Hey, now you're getting it." Hiro cheered.

"I will add 'Fist bump' to my caregiving matrix."

I go up to the two. "Come on. We gotta catch the guy before Aunt Cass notices we're gone."

He nods and opens the garage up, running outside with Baymax waddling behind him. Did he seriously just leave the garage open and left it there? He seriously wants someone to break in.

I close the garage behind him and followed them. When should I tell Hiro about my abilities? Would he be excited? Scared? Would he hate me and think I'm some kind of monster or freak? Maybe I shouldn't show him. I then realize a van following us. Great. Now we're going to get kidnapped.

"Uh Hiro?" I warn.

"Y/n! Hurry up!" He called.

"Alright I'm coming!"

I went through an alley so the van couldn't get through. I sped up as we arrived at the warehouse where we first saw the masked man.

Who's in the van? I wonder..... You probably know who's in the van if you watched the movie.
~bh60421