Reminder#158

◇بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم◇

Narrated Abu Huraira(r.a):
I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."
( Sahih Bukhari )

Night prayer in Ramadan is Salah at-Tarawih which the Muslims perform during Ramadan. It is one of the greatest acts of worship by which the worshippers seek to come closer to Allah in that month.

* Al-Hafidh ibn Rajab said: "You should know that in Ramadan the believer combines two actions by which he struggles against himself: during the day-time by fasting, and during the night-time by night prayer. Whoever combines these two forms of struggle receives his reward without any account."

* Shaikh Ibn Uthaimin said: " Salah at night during Ramadan has benefits and merits not found in other times."

* Imam Al-Ghazali mentioned some external and internal factors that make Night Prayer easy..

External factors :

- That the individual should not eat or drink too much. Then sleep will overpower him, and waking up will be difficult.

- The person should not tire himself in the daytime with things of no benefit.

- He should not avoid the mid-day nap because it helps with regards to waking up.

- He should not make sins in the daytime because that will prevent him from night prayer.

Internal factors :

- The heart should be free from these: malice towards the Muslims, bid'as, and excessive worldly interests.

- The heart should have a lot of fear and not too much hope.

- He should know the benefits of night prayer.

- The best motivation: Love of Allah, and having strong Eman that in his prayer every letter that he utters is freeing him from the punishment of his Lord.

Thus, Night prayer during Ramadan is inclusive of salah in the early as well as late part of the night. For this reason, Tarawih is part of night prayer during Ramadan.
It is necessary to seek it, to protect it, and to hope for reward from Allah because of it.
It is only during a limited number of nights, so the intelligent believer takes advantage of the opportunity before it is lost. :)