chapter 3

I i walk inside and key is sitting on the couch watching Grey's anatomy. I close the door and she turns her head, "I didn't hear you open the door." I set my bag down on the bench next to the door and kick my shoes off. I jump over the top of the couch and Kelsey moves over. Taking part of her blanket and watching the tv. "So what happened?" She asks then turns the tv off. "Well we talked and moved on went in the water, I had a mini freak out when he said something touched his foot then I told him I only wanted to be friends." Her mouth was gaped open and her face was angry. "What do you mean you only want to be friends?" "I want to get to know him, I don't want to rush and it gives me time to call my parents and tell them to take all the posters down in my room." She laughs. "So he doesn't know you listen, I mean are obsessed with his band." I turn down the tv and say "you know I can't tell him, you can't tell him." She turns her head, I grab her shoulder and her head turns back around. "I'm serious he can't know, not right now. You have to pinky promise." She's disgusted. I put up my pinky and interlaced it with hers. "Stamp it." "Really?" She said annoyed. "Really." She puts her thumb on mine. "Okay well I'm going to bed, I'm glad you had a good night. Maybe you should give it more of a chance." Kelsey says moves the blanket and goes upstairs. "GOODNIGHT!" I yell. I go up to my room and open my window, the breeze feels good when it's this hot in your room. I change out of my damp clothing and into a shirt and some underwear.

There was a loud crash downstairs, I scramble to get out of bed and check the time. It's five in the morning. I grab the biggest thing I can find. I'm holding a pink and black polka dotted umbrella. I open the door and hear something rustling near the kitchen. I knock on Kelseys door and she answers "did you hear that?" I ask. "Well yeah, why do you think I was in my room, I didn't want to go out there and die" she whispers. "Okay well I'm going to look and see who or what it is, if I die tell ed Sheehan I love him". I finish walking downstairs when I see the shadow of a man. I get my umbrella ready to attack when he turns around. The man was about 5'10 and had short brown hair, I couldn't make anything else out since it was dark. I attack him with my umbrella. His arms fly up and he runs. "GOD DAMN IT! What do you think you're doing?" He yells. I turn on the light and it's Kelseys brother. "What do you think you're doing?" He asks again. "GOD DAMNIT LOGAN!" I yell. Kelsey comes running down the stairs. "I thought you were an intruder, why are you here?" I ask. The skin under his eyes are black and looks like he hasn't slept in a week. "This is my house, I can some here whenever I want." His voice is very husky and deep. "It's five of clock in the morning, you have to at least call." Kelsey says. I put the umbrella on a kitchen chair. "Why are you even here?" I repeat. "Well I needed to get away from the apartment, works been crazy so I wanted to spend the next few days here to relax since Savannah is out of town on business." His on and off again girlfriend has been in Louisiana for the last week and it's all we've heard. Kelseys mother had called the last few days reminding us to see him since he was lonely. We were gonna invite him over but he is just so depressing when she's gone. "So what have you guys been up to?" He asks going to the fridge and getting mayo. I turn around, right next to the fridge on the ground there are shards to what seems like a broken plate. I see bread and meat on the counter. "Well you know that band Mikaila is obsessed with, well we met them today and Mikaila is keeping her fondness for them a secret, we had a party last night and Mikaila went on a date with one of them just hours ago." Kelsey says. He takes a bite of his sandwich and says "whobb ith thith guy?" "Ya know colorful hair, you say he is the ugliest one in the band." I say. "Ohhhhhhh. Duck why him, go on a date with Mark." I give a confused look. "Who's Mark?" "Ya know the one who plays the drums, he's the best looking one." Kelsey and I burst out laughing. "You mean Ashton?" "Yeah whatever's I don't care, have them come over for game night tomorrow, Shaun and Bret are bringing cards against humanity, invite the boy over and play with us. I bet the guys would like to ask him a few questions." "You can ask him whatever you want just don't bring up my love for them. Also don't bring up the Bret and I situation I don't want him to think I'm still in to him." "I mean you dated him for two years you can't just forget him." Logan says. "I'm not saying forget him, I'm saying keep it a little hush hush for right now." Logan looks at me with an annoyed look. "Please, this could be my only chance with him and we are trying out the friendship thing first. Please Logan I'll do whatever you want." He thinks for a second "do my laundry for the next few days, I brought a whole bag of dirty clothes." "Awww come on!" "I'll just have to let it slip then" he taps his fingers on the granite counter top. "Fine! Just please don't say anything." "I won't but I'm not stopping Shaun or Bret, they can say whatever you want. You have to tell them yourself, but Bret won't be happy when you tell him not to mention the you situation. Ya know he loved you right?" My stomach felt queasy and a flip got switched, I was angry. "You don't think I loved him? He asked me to marry him for God's sake, he just didn't want to have a long engagement! I wanted to do a lot before i got married and he just couldn't wait! For heaven's sake I still have feelings for him, it's been hard for me too!" I yell and run upstairs. I slam my door and start crying, that was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I fell asleep tonight with tears running down my cheeks.