Ch 4 (Him)

Ch 4 (Him)

-------------------------------------

"So, what did she say?" Mark asked me.

"Well, when I asked her that question, first of all she kind of spaced out for a full a minute or so. And then she said that it was none of my business." I replied. " And then sort of gave me a cold shoulder all the time."

"So is she ok with us working on the project together? "

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I mean she was acting kind of weird after I asked her about LA. But I don't know, maybe she was just being herself. I don't really know her that well."

"So do you like her?" He asked me out of the blue.

"And why would you ask me that?"

"Maybe, out of curiosity." he paused. "And because I have this feeling that you do like her."

I lightly punched him on his arm. "Oh, really?"

"Yes. That is what my sixth sense tells me.' He said with a slight grin on his face.

"And my sixth sense tells me that you are going to get a good punch from me if you don't stop saying sh!t."

" No seriously tell me. Do you like Vianca? Or are you doing it all just to give Cindy a taste of her own medicine?"

"Of course I am doing it to get back to Cindy. And I've hardly known Vianca for a day."

" Ok. So you're not denying the fact that you do like Vianca. It could be love at first sight."

"Seriously, Mark? Love at first sight?" I repeated his words. " It's myth for all I know. "

He shrugged. "It could be."

" It's not." I said hoping that he would stop already.

"Whatever you say." He said in a comical voice.

"So when are we all meeting again to work on the project?"he asked me.

"Don't know." I surfed through the channels. We are at Mark's place currently. I had come over to his house after Vianca's. And since his parents weren't home and his sister was sleeping, he got bored and asked me to come over. And here we are. Practically ,gossiping like girls.

"So there's nothing between you two?" He asked me after a few minutes.

I sighed and muted the T.V. before replying. "No Mark. There is nothing between me and Vianca. We're hardly friends."

"Ok ,so when are your parents coming back?" he changed the topic. At last.

"This weekend." I replied after turning up the T.V.'s volume.

After that we didn't talk much. We just did some random things. And when his parents arrived I left after wishing them all a good night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------( Next Day)

"Ok! So I'll see you later." Saying so Mark left for his class. While I headed for my geometry class.

On my way I saw Vianca standing near her locker. I looked at her and greeted her with a hi! But she clearly ignored me .I greeted her again,but this time she looked at me , made a fuss, closed her locker with a bang and headed in the opposite direction .

"That was strange!" I murmured to myself and made my way to the class.

And to my dismay, my girlfriend was waiting for me at the entrance to the class. I ignored her. But not surprisingly she stopped me from entering the class. And this action sort of reminded me of the day I'd met Cindy.

Almost a year back, on a not so good day she was standing with her friends blocking my entrance to the class, just like now. And let me tell you I am not a patient person. Most of the times I'm in a hurry. So I asked her to clear the way , to which she replied with a flip of her hair right on my face and her hair smelled really sweet. Not the sweet -sweet, but a sweet which could make you gag. So I asked her to move again. But this time she turned around and looked at me. "What?" she asked me in an overly sweet manner. And then I told her that she was blocking my way .

"Oh really?" she asked me acting like she was surprised with what I had said. I nodded. " I'm sorry." She said fluttering her eyelashes.

And then she said that she would move out of my way only if I would give her my number. And of course I refused to give it to her. But then she crossed her arms and refused to budge. And being the impatient person I am, I foolishly gave my number to her , unaware of its consequences . And then that very evening she called me up . And now you can imagine what happened thereafter.

Cindy is beautiful and hot from the outside, but a little bitchy on the inside. And then she is really possessive. And yes, you all must be wondering by now, she is a cheerleader, a really good one too. But it doesn't matter, right? Because the inner beauty is what matters ,not the outer shell. But she can be really good to a person, that is if she wants to be. And so, I am looking for the right moment to break things up. Because seriously she can be a better person and she find someone else. I know that she's not the one for me. And even she knows that I am not the right guy for her.

Back to the present. "Hi !" she said , looking at me through her lashes.

"What?"I asked her.

" Ok lets come straight to the point. What is it with that girl and you?" she asked me.

"What is it with that guy and you?" I said in the same tone as her.

"Ok fine!" she straightened up. "I get it ok! And I'm sorry. And I promise I'll keep my distance from Derek , if you will keep your distance from that girl." Another term and condition. What am I a contract or deal or something .

"Well I'll think about it. Ok?"

"So does it mean you're not mad at me any more, and you forgive me?"

I thought for a second. "Yes . Sort of ."She smiled and got out of my way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Sam !" Mark called me. I turned to look in his direction. He jogged up to me through the schools corridor. "Mr. Buckle called me."

"And ?" I asked him.

"And he told me that Vianca got her group changed."

I stopped in my tracks. "And why would she do that?" I asked Mark .

"She is the only one who can enlighten us about that." He paused and then added." Let's go find her."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys....... Nd I am so sorry that it took me so long to update........I had my exams ....... Just finished them last week.......

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter..... But it was just a filler chapter......... A good one coming up in a few days........

Vote......comment ........follow

- JIGY.