Chapter 17 // Aftermath

Start from the beginning

   “Oh shut up. That was only a nickname, besides,” I shrugged “It suits you. Jerk and stupid, Jerkpid” He pouted and put his hands in his chest and faked hurt. “That is so mean… who says that to their boy—“

   I glared at him, “Don’t.Say.It” I gritted my teeth and started walking away from him. He catches up to me and was now beside me. Both hands in his pocket, he leaned closer to my ear,

   “Boyfriend~” Then he snickered and run away to the entrance door. I froze and got goose bumps. I blushed and glared at his retreating figure.

   I smirked. Typical Butch. I took my time walking outside and not only a few meters away, there stood the most…ugh—I don’t want to say this, but it’s the truth—the most gorgeous rowdy I have ever laid eyes upon. 

   Bleh. I sound like Miyako and Momoko. Is this what being in love makes you feel like? Like you’re in cloud nine or something? Or it changes you into a person you are completely not?

   I think the latter is…probably unlikely. But well anyway, there stood Butch in front of the school’s entrance. He’s leaning in the wall with both hands in his pockets. Just one look and you can tell he’s one of those badass bad boy types.

   Which I’m quite thankful of; I don’t like the types like Boomer and or Brick. I think someone who can argue and compete with my skills is the one for me.

   And that my friend is, Butch. The Jerkpid, My Jerkpid.

***

//A Few Weeks Later

   That girl’s name is forever etched on my mind. Bell White, She’s merciless, sinful, cruel… every bad traits you can possibly find in any other normal villain. But the case is she’s not the kind like them. She’s… much scarier and not like the ones we have fought before.

  I was watching the soccer game and I’m in the professor’s place. Today is a weekday but I decided to take a few days off of school just two days ago ever since Miyako and Usa got discharged from the hospital.

   Even though they got out of the hospital their condition was…still the same. I sighed; my eye caught Miyako’s untouched food that was on the table. As I looked at Miyako, I felt a shot of pain and sadness that’s mixed with anger and hatred for that stupid shadowpuff who did this to my friends!

   Just looking at Miyako’s state hurts me so bad already but seeing Momoko lying in that hospital bed in a coma makes it much worse. Getting Amnesia was much better than being in a coma. That’s a life and death situation!

   It’s either she wakes up or…not. Brick also lost weight, he looked so thin. He was always at the hospital beside Momoko, everyday he’s looking after her. Not leaving her side no matter what happens. We’re also worried about him… this is unhealthy for him.

   “Miyako, you need to eat.” I sighed and took her food. Boomer was sleeping soundly and tired on the other sofa. He’s on night duty and I was on morning duty. We took turns in checking Miyako’s condition.