"Are you sure, Meredith? They would understand if you took a sick day today." Courtney asked again, looking at her left. Meredith was sitting in the front, while the other three had decided to take a seat in the back of Courtney's black car. At first, Meredith had wanted to drive, but Courtney quickly shot that idea down. She was of the opinion that her older sister was in no state to drive.

"I'm fine, like I've been telling you for the last hour." Courtney let out a sigh, knowing that her sister was lying. She dropped the subject, turned on the ignition and drove off of their driveway. During the drive over to the hospital, George tried to talk to Meredith numerous times, but she never replied. The only thing she did, was staring outside of the window. Courtney watched George in her rear-view mirror when Meredith refused to reply, seeing hurt flash across his young face every single time.

They arrived at the hospital, which made Courtney let out a deep sigh. With the slam of the door the eldest sister exited the vehicle the second Courtney had put the car to a stop. The latter one leaned back into the seat, rubbing her face. She hated seeing her sister this hurt. She got out of her car as last and felt rain drops falling on her face.

The blonde's mood changed when she saw Derek leaning against a pillar close to the entrance. He was clearly waiting for her older sister, which infuriated her. Had he not gotten the message? She didn't want him anywhere near her sister, "Why doesn't he learn to back the hell off? I specifically told him that I didn't want him near my sister ever again. He has a wife now, so shouldn't he let Meredith go. She needs to move on, but obviously can't because of his persistency." Izzie and George, who were right next to her, didn't reply but agreed silently what she had said. Cristina on the other hand strolled behind them and hadn't really payed any attention to the people walking in front of her. She had her own problems to deal with.

Derek tried talking to Meredith, which ended up working because she stopped. The youngest Grey was tired of seeing his annoying face, so she walked a bit faster and passed the two with Cristina by her side. She saw Burke nearing the entrance, so she quickly poked the Korean girl in her side. Courtney moved her head into Burke's direction, warning her. Cristina sighed and made sure that he didn't see her when she crossed the enormous room to the elevator. Courtney snorted at Cristina's behavior, finding it hilarious to see her like that because normally didn't act like that. Soon Meredith, Izzie and George joined them at the elevator.

Burke and Shepherd were raising their voices, making the interns look at them. The two grown men were fighting about the first one "stealing" the latter's O.R. Courtney didn't really care and turned her head back towards the elevator, crossing her arms over her chest. Meredith and Cristina on the other hand were watching the two surgeons with interest. Their staring was cut short when they heard the elevator arrive. "Mine's bigger than yours." Cristina stated, glancing at Meredith.

Alex entered, "Whip it out, I'll measure."

"Shut up Alex." Yang snapped back loudly, which caused her lover to hear her voice. He glanced at her, longing in his eyes. Cristina stood uncomfortable as the doors closed, looking down at her choices and held her own hands.

☤☤☤

Bailey and her six interns were standing in front of an ambulance outside the E.R entry of the hospital. The doors quickly opened and a man on a stretcher was wheeled out by 2 paramedics. "Male. 55. Victim of a head on collision. GCS is 3, depressed skull fracture, multiple internal injuries. Axcelis protocol started but was vein blue so we've been pushing Megs down the tube. PEA on arrival." One of the paramedics informed the doctors.

"How long has he been down?" Miranda asked after taking a quick look at the unconscious man on the gurney. The interns were watching with interest.