10

The month was now July, and it was almost mine and Owen's one year anniversary, so to celebrate we were having a house party, which was going to just mainly be outside on the beach. Owen had ditched his motorbike and instead built himself a barbecue, so him and Barry were going to grill and everyone could listen to music and chill until the early hours of the morning. We had invited most of our friends from the park, and overall there was going to be around 20 people. It wasn't a lot, but it was just right.

Claire and I had spent all morning laying out many different picnic blankets on the sand by the sea a few feet from our front door, so it would be really casual and laidback. Owen had prepared all the food and selected CD's to play and hung little candle lanterns in the trees around the bungalow, and that was pretty much it. We were sitting in our bedroom that afternoon killing time, and I had decided to try and find an outfit to wear. Being quite heavily pregnant now, it was quite stressful trying to find something to wear, even with a whole new wardrobe full of maternity clothes.

I had discarded outfit after outfit onto the chair by our bed and was getting more and more wound up and emotional. All I wanted to do was look perfect for Owen on our anniversary yet I just looked like a whale. I could tell Owen was aware of my dangerous state and he intervened.

"Babe, what's up?" he asked casually. I knew he was trying so hard to avoid an argument like last time, but I was calm and collected now.

"I've got nothing to wear." I said pathetically, and I could feel tears brimming in my eyes. Yes, I was really crying over this. Owen put his arm around my shoulder, bit his lip and looked at the huge pile of clothes on the chair and randomly pulled out a baby pink maternity dress.

"What about this?" he asked.

"I look fat." I pouted, crying harder.

"I bet you don't, now put it on, I want to see." he said. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had already tried it on about ten minutes ago when he was watching TV. I slipped it on regardless, and my bottom lip trembled when I looked in the mirror.

I don't even know why I had ever picked out this dress, and I was positive it was the wrong size. It was meant to be loose and floaty, but instead I looked washed out, and it was nearly skin tight. I showed Owen reluctantly, and I saw his eyes widen slightly, but he covered it up so well.

"Okay, babe, I know you don't feel comfortable in this, why not try something else?" he asked, rubbing his hand on my back and moving back to the pile. He selected another dress, a dress that I wouldn't mind wearing; it was beige with an Aztec floral pattern. The neckline was sweetheart, but still high and controlled my boobs. It had cut outs on the shoulder but the sleeves were long and capped at the bottom, like a cold shoulder top but in a dress.

"You look beautiful Rosie." Owen said softly when I emerged and I looked in the mirror and I actually felt it. It hung over my stomach gracefully, making me look like one of those elegant pregnant women you see in glossy magazines.

"You don't think I look fat?" my voice wavered slightly and Owen shook his head immediately.

"You look pregnant, and it suits you. You're a hot mama." he said and I laughed, falling into his arms on the bed.

"I'm going to take it off, so it doesn't crease." I sighed and peeled it off me.

"You should have let me help you with that." Owen purred into my ear, climbing on top of me and I giggled.

"I swear half of your brain is in your dick." I teased him, moving my legs so he could take off my panties. I tugged on the hem of his shirt and he unbuckled his belt.