9

Even I knew by now that just when you reach a perfect equilibrium in your life, something just has to go wrong, and today was no exception.

It started off normal enough, and we had just gotten the remaining bill for our housework, and we were both a little taken aback at how much it was. We knew that we could afford it, but some of the baby items may have to wait until next month, when we preferably wanted to get them as soon as possible.

So, it was a little tense that morning as we sat on the sofa eating breakfast. We had began eating more meals at home now considering we could actually prepare food in a proper space. Owen still had some boxes scattered across the living room that he had still to unpack as he had moved in with me. We had found lots of amazing storage solutions that the construction workers had put in for us, but Owen just wasn't bothered, he was typing away on his laptop.

I was already irritable from finding out most of my bank account would be gone, so I slammed my plate down onto the coffee table and he flinched, turning to me.

"Jeez babe, what did the table ever do to you?" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"Hey, what's gotten into you?" he asked softly, placing the laptop aside, and I saw how he was on amazon, and that did it for me.

"Amazon?!" I cried, "are you fucking serious Owen?"

"Babe, I didn't-"

"We just got told that we need to pay a huge amount of money, and you're actually online shopping?" I said, incredulously. Owen looked stunned at my outburst and I felt a little guilt.

"I wasn't shopping I was just-"

"You were just what?" I asked, not even letting him finish, "You definitely weren't getting rid of these god damn boxes!"

"Is that was this is about, Rose, because if that's what you want I'll just fucking chuck them out, if that's what you want!" he retorted firmly.

"What I want is for you to stop being so damn lazy!" I said, grabbing my plate and going into the kitchen. I threw my plate into the dishwasher and slammed it shut. Owen had followed me into the kitchen.

"You know I wasn't actually online shopping, I was just looking for the baby." he said quietly and I spun on my heel.

"I don't give a shit right now, I've got enough on my plate and I don't need to be dealing with your bullshit." I was being really unfair, and I knew it. Owen looked taken aback and genuinely hurt, but I was fired on this unknown rage inside of me.

"Bullshit?" he said, raising his voice now, "I tell you what is bullshit, this fight!"

"Whatever, I'm tired of this crap, I'm going to work." I slipped on my converse and began to walk out the door.

"If you're in this asshole mood later, don't bother coming back!" he snapped and I just stormed out, slamming the front door behind me with angry tears in my eyes. I didn't actually need to go to the paddock until later, but I decided to just go and do all my paperwork. There was no way I was going back inside after that.

Claire came to visit me at lunch, and she brought me a turkey sandwich and coke.

"I've heard about your fight." Claire said. I groaned and placed my head on my desk. I was feeling terribly guilty about it all and I felt like shit.

"Have you come to shade me, because trust me, I have done enough of that myself for the past four hours." I sighed, "my feet are swollen, I'm sweating like crazy, she's kicking like a soccer player and Owen won't talk to me."

"He actually just sent me to see if you were okay." she said, "he told me not to tell you that part though, I guess he doesn't want to damage his pride."

"I miss him so much." I whined, "this is all my fault and I bet he hates me. He's going to leave me and my sorry pregnant ass."

"He far from hates you and he's not going to leave you! Don't be ridiculous! You know that man loves you with all his heart, I think he's just worried about what's going through your mind!" Claire explained.

"I don't even know what came over me."

"Probably pregnancy hormones." she said simply and I knew she was right.

"What do I do?" I said exasperatedly.

"Look, give him a little more time to cool off, he was still quite wound up an hour ago, then go home early, get yourself looking hot and then apologise to him." Claire said this as if she had done it many times before.

"Why do I need to look hot?" I laughed.

"Because hopefully he'll be more distracted looking at your boobs then listening to your words." Claire giggled, "speaking of boobs, how big have yours gotten?" I peered down knowingly.

"I was a D cup, but I'm now an F." I told her and her eyes widened.

"Makes my C cups look minuscule." she laughed and we ate our lunch together before I had to put the plan into action.

Claire made sure the coast was clear, Owen was busy in the actual paddock, and I snook home, doing a quick once over to make sure it was tidy enough. My eyes went to the edge of the living room where earlier the boxes were. They were still there, but they were emptied and flattened, ready to go out with the rest of the recycling. I almost cried at how he had done that because of my shitty mood swing, and took them out to the bin myself.

I got dressed into a sun dress that was tight at the top with a flowing skirt that fell around my stomach beautifully. I almost didn't wear it as the top strained to hold my boobs, but I remembered what Claire said and kept it on. I was exhausted by this time, so I just pre-ordered a pizza to come for us later, and then I just had to wait.

He eventually came home looking sweaty and nervous and I licked my dry lips as I noticed the way his jeans clung to his ass, the way his shirt fitted snugly around his biceps.

"Hey." I said first, standing up as he walked in. He looked relieved to see me, but we both stood there looking at each other for a moment.

"I'm sorry-" we both said at the same time, making us both laugh.

"You don't need to be sorry, I was in a shit mood and I took it out on you for no reason. I'm so sorry, I love you so much." I stammered and he opened his arms for me to come and hug him. I flung myself at him so he fell into the armchair behind him and I held on tight, listening to his heart beat.

"I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you. I should have been more considerate." he said and I sat up, still on his lap.

"Don't apologise, I already feel guilty enough." I told him and he nodded, leaning in to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and made out with him. He put his hand up my skirt and held onto my bare waist, the skirt bunching up against my waist.

"Shit I love your boobs." he breathed, snaking his other hand inside my dress to, resting it on the top of my underwear. I giggled in response, pulling his shirt out of his jeans. We were unfortunately interrupted by a knock on the door and Owen froze.

"Who the fuck is that?" he half whined, half asked, and I could tell it was due to the hard-on I was sitting on.

"The pizza." I said, pouting, but Owen carried on kissing me, beginning to take off my dress.

"Owen, the pizza." I said breathlessly, in between frantic kisses and he moaned.

"Forget it." he murmured, before pulling away and shouting, "LEAVE IT OUTSIDE MAN!"

I giggled and let Owen carry me into the bedroom. Everything was okay again.