07 | семнадцать

Start from the beginning

"Language, Sergeant."

His eyes narrowed when he caught her teasing grin. There was a gleam in his eye when he lowered his head again. "I can assure you that there is a huge difference between me and Captain America," He said, his voice a husky timbre and his lips brushing the shell of her ear as he spoke, sending sharp, delicious thrills shooting down her spine. "Steve and I – we don't speak the same language, and I don't play nice the way he does. But I promise that whatever I say or do to you, you'll absolutely love and want more. And I'll spend every moment I can giving you exactly what you want," He added silkily, swiftly dipping his lips to the pulse point beneath her ear. She felt the hot brush of his lips before a trace of the smooth velvet that was his tongue, and then a hint of his teeth nipping quickly on her skin that disappeared just as quickly as it came. "See my point?"

A surge of desire pulsed through her. It was all she could do to rein it in. Bucky was a puzzle – mysterious one moment, then charming the next, almost like he couldn't decide which of his different selves to be. He'd been a fascination from the beginning, and she thought he'd always stay this way.

Noticing that the person in front of them was already paying at the cash register, she lifted herself on tiptoe to whisper into Bucky's ear again. "I look forward to everything you just said and more, моя любовь," She whispered, suppressing a smile as she heard him let out a tight groan at the promise in her words, his fingers flexing on her waist as he dragged in a deep, shuddering breath.

But before he could reply, she eased out of his grip and took a step forward, just in time for the other person in front to step away from the counter. She heard Bucky swear in muffled Russian behind her, and tried her best to keep a straight face as she nodded at the man working at the counter. "Hi," she greeted brightly, sliding a finger across the locked screen of her cell to read out the orders that Steve and the others had texted to her, before ordering another two breakfast sets for herself and Bucky, remembering to double his order since she knew how much he burned through calories.

It took awhile for her order to be ready and during that time, she managed to convince Bucky to wait for her at a corner booth. The guy working at the counter knew her well enough because she was a regular, but it was the waiter who'd tried flirting with her sometime back and tried flirting with her again that pissed Bucky off to no end. Reluctantly, Bucky went away, but not before throwing the waiter a deadly look that scared the hell out of him.

When the orders were ready, Dakota picked up the bags of takeaway food and found Bucky seated at the corner booth. His legs were spread out and he looked far too uncomfortable for such a small space, but he was spinning a pen between his long fingers, his other arm pressing down on a piece of folded napkin.

He seemed to be deep in thought, and she almost didn't want to bother him. "James?" she asked hesitantly. "You ready to go?"

He looked up, wariness dissipating from his gaze quickly as he stood up, reaching out to take the bags from her. "With you?" His lips turned up in a faint smile as he pressed his lips briefly to the side of her head, before sliding an arm around her waist. "Anywhere."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When Steve entered the kitchen the next afternoon, his expression was grim. Dakota took one look at him and quickly gathered her research papers. "The Avengers are back in business – I got it. I'll take this elsewhere."

Bucky grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Wait, where're you going?"

"Don't leave." Steve scooped the laptop from her hands and set it back on the table. "Stay and listen. You can help us plan."