06 | грузовой вагон

A/N

This is what you came for.

xNoelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 6

г р у з о в о й   в а г о н

(freight car)

IF LOOKS COULD kill, the Black Widow would've been six-feet underground by now.

Instead, she smirked, unfazed by Bucky's glare. He spun the knife to point it in her direction, then angled his body to shield Dakota from her.

"Dakota," he said quietly, holding her gently by the elbows as though he was afraid that she'd run away. Mostly, Dakota was just trying to catch another glimpse of the infamous Black Widow over his shoulder, but she stilled when she saw the worry in Bucky's eyes. "That never happened, моя любовь, you have to believe me."

Dakota didn't miss the way the other woman's eyebrows shot up at his Russian. She didn't understand it, but it was clear that the Black Widow did. Dakota pulled away the knife from Bucky's hand and smiled reassuringly at him. "I believe you," She told him softly, just as the redhead took a firm step forward.

"Well – ," the woman started nonchalantly, shrugging when Bucky let out a low, warning sound from the back of his throat, looking like he was tethering on the edge of his patience. She ignored him and held out a hand to Dakota. " – we were in a fight and, in my defence, he was trying to kill me."

Bucky shot her another glare over his shoulder, his metal arm wrapped securely around Dakota's waist to prevent her from coming into contact with the other woman. "I'll do it again and succeed this time if you don't shut up," he growled, only to falter when Dakota placed a palm on his chest, easing him aside gently.

"It's okay," she said quietly, before stepping closer and taking the woman's hand in a steady grasp, offering her a bright smile. "I'm Dakota. It's nice to meet you."

"Natasha Romanoff." The woman shook her hand, and the smirk on her face faded to a soft smile. "And again, there was nothing between me and him. I can assure you, my legs were never wrapped around his neck apart from that fight."

"Yes, but her legs were definitely wrapped around many other men's necks," quipped a familiar voice from the doorway. Sam was grinning widely; while Steve, who was standing beside him, looked so appalled that it was almost impossible not to laugh at him.

Natasha shot Sam a glare, before she turned back to Dakota and squeezed her hand. "Nothing happened," she insisted. "It's nice to finally meet you. I was surprised when I tracked Steve's coordinates to this location. But then I found out Sam knew you, and the rest fell into place."

"Wait." Steve shot her an incredulous look. "You knew where I was the whole time?"

Natasha looked at him flatly. "I'm a spy. It's my job to know things. I've no doubt Stark and the others know where you are too." Her words made Bucky stiffen, his hands instinctively tightening around Dakota's waist as he drew her closer to his side. Natasha immediately noticed and rolled her eyes. "Please. If anything, it's Stark who's probably keeping your location safe from the authorities."

"Are we going to stand here all day inflating Tony's already bursting-to-the-brim ego?" Sam grumbled. "Because I called Romanoff here to discuss our plans on tracking down Zemo."