07 | семнадцать

A/N

This is who you came for.

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 7

с е м н а д ц а т ь

(seventeen)

IT WAS THE sound of a slamming door that jolted her awake the next morning, but it wasn't the door to her bedroom. Instead, it was distant, and she heard a muffled curse belonging to a voice that sounded distinctly like Captain America's.

She stifled a smile and turned on her side, only to find the space beside her empty. Last night, in between whispers and pauses, Bucky had told her everything he could remember. His time with Hydra, the missions, saving Steve from the Potomac river. She'd listened until he was done, then pulled him back to bed.

But now he was gone.

Or maybe he wasn't. A slip of paper on the dresser caught her eye and she reached for it.

Had to leave to pick up breakfast before I could wake you in a way that I really want to. It depends. You ever made love to a broken man over ninety with a metal arm?

You picked a real winner, красотка.

(Update Steve on my whereabouts. That punk's going to get a heart attack from worrying too much.)

She stifled a laugh and climbed out of bed. After a warm shower, she retrieved the paper and headed to the living room. Steve was pacing about as he ignored Sam's advice to calm down. Natasha saw Dakota and snapped her fingers to get Steve's attention.

"Hey," Steve quickly rushed to Dakota, raking a distracted hand through his hair. "Sam told me not to wake you, and I'm sorry if I did. But do you know where Bucky went?" She handed him the note with a smile and he read it, shoulders loosening with relief when he saw the postscript at the bottom. "Oh, that's good," He started, before blinking when he reread the first few lines. He flushed, looking entirely awkward all of a sudden. "I mean – I was talking about where he went, not – "

Dakota laughed. "It's fine. Bucky worries a lot about you too."

"What did Metal-Boy say to get Captain America all red and flustered?" Sam sidled up, snatching the note from Steve's hands as he read it. Then he shot Steve an incredulous look. "That's it? You called to ask me about latex, lubricated and ultra-thin condoms when you had that sleepover at Sharon's, and now you're blushing like a teenage girl who's never been kissed just because you're reading about your best friend's sex life with Dot over here?"

"Sam!" Impossibly, Steve flushed even harder and Dakota had to really bite down on her lower lip to keep from laughing aloud because he looked so embarrassed.

Natasha, on the other hand, had no qualms with snorting inelegantly, before leaning over Sam's shoulder to catch a glimpse of the note. "Ultra-thin isn't going to contain that super-soldier of yours, Captain." She smirked when Steve shot her a glare. But then she turned her glinting eyes to Dakota's direction and Dakota's smile immediately fell from her face. Damn Natasha. "But have you?" The redhead inquired nosily, her eyes bright with mischief.