Chapter 30: I Definitely Do

I stared at Holly as if she were a complete lunatic. It's definitely not my wedding day- I hadn't planned a thing. I had always dreamed of planning my wedding since I was a little girl, so I was pretty sure that if it was my wedding day, I would know about it. 

Holly pushed open the church doors and I stared in awe at what was before my eyes. A church lit with white fairy lights- my favourite. There were white lillies decorating the room- the same flower that Gerard always brought me when we had a date. The guys from My Chem were stood up smiling at me, encouraging me to walk down the aisle. I was so in shock that I had no idea what to do. 

"Hey Izzy."

I turned to my side to see my mother and stepdad stood smiling at me.

"Oh my fucking God!" I shrieked, pulling them both in for a close hug. I hadn't seen them in such a long time and I wasn't expecting to see them for a while, so I could feel the tears forming in my eyes before quickly cascading down my cheeks.

"Gerard is one amazing guy," my Mom smiled, before going to take a seat and leaving my stepdad to walk me down the aisle. He linked arms with me and the traditional wedding music began to play. Holly ran up behind me and quickly placed a veil on my head before running back to her seat. I looked toward the front of the church and saw him standing there in a black suit, a big smile on his face. He looked clean and so unbelievably perfect. I blushed intensely as I watched everyone I knew and loved smiling at me from their seats. I even saw Sophia smiling at me as she stood besides Annie.

Half-way down the aisle, the music abruptly stopped, before speakers came alive and music began to pour out of them. It was my favourite song from the album- To the End.

If you marry me
Would you bury me?
Would you carry me to the end?

I began to grin uncontrollably- of course this wasn't going to be a traditional wedding- not when you're marrying Gerard Way. I began to think about the fact that not long ago we were students together at NYU and I didn't realise that I had become an adult- time had gone so fast and now we were about to get married. I considered pinching myself just to check whether or not I was dreaming, but before I knew it I was stood beside Gerard at the front of the church.

"Are you insane?" I whispered at him, causing him to smile uncontrollably. I smiled back up at him, realising that he was probably the most amazing man in the world. I couldn't even hear what the minister was saying because I was staring at Gerard in amazement. How the hell can one man plan a wedding whilst recording and releasing a successful album? 

"Isabel Spencer, do you take Gerard Way to be your lawful wedded husband, to be loving, faithful and loyal to him for the rest of your life together?" asked the  minister. Gerard was holding my hands in his and gently stroking my fingers as he smiled at me.

"I do," I grinned.

"And Gerard Way, do you take Isabel Spencer to be your lawful wedded wife, to be loving, faithful and loyal to her for the rest of your life together?" the minster asked Gerard.

"I definitely do," Gerard grinned. The minister signalled to Gerard that it was time to read our vows. I started panicking about what to say because I hadn't written any, not knowing we were getting married.

"Izzy," Gerard said, reading from a piece of paper that he held on one hand whilst his other hand held tightly onto mine. "You are without a doubt the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. You've been there for me always, even when we were sleeping on the floor of a van and playing in disgusting venues far away from home. You left your own home to be here with me and I won't ever let you regret that decision. I love you more than I've loved anybody or will love anybody. You're amazing, and I can't wait to spend my life with you. I love you."

I was fighting back the urge to cry but one glance at my crying mother in the crowd made it almost impossible. I think it was the first time I'd ever cried with joy, and it was incredible. 

"G..." I said, my voice trembling. "I wanted you from the moment I saw you. I pursued you relentlessly despite so many people trying to deter me. I followed you on tour because I wasn't ever planning on letting you slip through my fingers. I left my home because my home is wherever you are. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you because I simply can't spend it with anybody but you. I really fucking love you."

We exchanged rings, with a little difficulty due to the amount my hands were shaking, but Gerard's were shaking just as much. My eyes were streaming with tears and my heart was pounding so hard I was pretty sure it was going to explode.

"By the power vested in me by the State of New Jersey, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the minister smiled. "You may now kiss the bride."

Within a second Gerard grabbed me and pulled me in close, his lips slamming against mine in a passionate and deep kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck and grabbed his hair as he kissed me. Everyone stood up and cheered whilst he kissed me. His hands were on my waist and holding me close to him and tightly. Eventually we broke apart and turned to face everybody. My mom was crying and I could see Gerard's mom crying too. I took Gerard's hand in anticipation of walking back down the aisle together buth he quickly swooped me up into his arms and carried me. As we walked out of the church, I tried to process what had just happened, but it just felt like some kind of amazing, surreal dream.