Ch. 1- Stars in Our Eyes

Start from the beginning

“Who’s house is this? Who’s even the host of this party?” I felt bad for not knowing, but it was better to ask Katlyn than accidentally ask the host themselves.

“To be honest, I’m not even sure. I think it’s some wanna be YouTuber named Chris? I really don’t even know.”

Ok good. I wasn’t the only one who didn’t know the host.

We walked around and met people, even that Chris guy. After talking to a bunch of people for about an hour, Katlyn pulled me aside.

“Hey, I think I see some of my old Califoria friends over there, mind if I go talk to them? Are you gonna be ok on your own?”

“Uh..” I paused. I’m always socially awkward. I didn’t really know how to survive some fancy “celeb” party on my own. “Yeah.” I smiled so she wouldn’t feel bad. I didn’t want her to feel like she was babysitting me or anything.

“Ok, well, just so you’re not alone…. Here.” She took a few steps to the left, grabbed some random guy by the arm, and pulled him towards me. “Talk to him! Make a new friend. I’ll se ya later, have fun you two!” She winked, and with that she walked away.

I could feel how red my cheeks were getting. I barely even knew her and I wanted to kill her.

The boy had straightish longish blondish hair and a really pretty eye color, but I couldn’t really decide what to call the color. It was kinda greenish, kinda greyish. The boy just kinda half smiled at me as we stood there awkwardly.

“So uh… it was a good thing I wasn’t talking to anyone when she grabbed me cuz… that would have been awkward…” he broke the silence. The first thing I noticed about this boy was his Australian accent. Hmm... Weird. He must not be from here.

I giggled, but I knew how red my face was getting. “I’m really sorry about that. I don’t really even know her... well I kinda do. I came to this party alone and she was the only person I knew and really I’m fine on my own if you wanna go back to that couch you were leaning on. I’m sorry I really didn’t know she’d do that to you and I can go walk ar-” before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off.

“Don’t worry about it. I’d be glad to keep you company” he smirked, “I’m Ashton.” He stuck his hand out and I grabbed it and shook it. Boy was I glad he cut me off. When I’m embarrassed or nervous, I could babble on forever.

“Nice to meet you Ashton. I’m Cayley.” A natural smile was brought to my face.

“So… you were saying something about walking around? I’d be happy to join you if you wanna go for a little adventure? I know a few cool places around here” he winked.

Wait… he winked? Didn’t expect that. I could feel the blush coming back to my cheeks.

“Ok, let’s go” I grabbed his hand and stepped in front of him so he wouldn’t see me blushing… again.

 We walked around the outside of the house for what I’m guessing was 15 minutes, just talking about random stuff.

“So… how do you know this house? Do you know that Chris guy? He seemed a little… weird.”

“Yeah, that Chris guy… he’s my cousin.”

Oh my gosh did I really just insult this guys cousin?! What’s wrong with me?? I’m so embarrassing. Ugh.

He laughed, thank God. I guess he could see the look of horror on my face cuz he followed with “and yeah. He is weird. REALLY weird. We don’t even get along that well. He probably only invited me cuz he knows I just got hired to be a drummer in a band, and I guess you can say we’re good… I mean I wouldn’t say that, but you could.”