Chapter 82: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"The illness we shared" I realized and he nodded.

"Yes, when he finally chose you he became more cautious. Choosing to be dormant this time but you managed to draw out his power regardless. So when you tried to force it he forced you to slow down until he felt you were ready."

"But this doesn't make any sense, I mean if Dad thought you were the light why did that change when I was born?" I asked.

"You were a child born into darkness" He started.

"Everything you've done and will do has made it you Rin. Loving father after his neglect, continuing to love me even after I murdered the clan, surviving the Akatsuki and Madara, surviving Orochimaru, awakening the sharingan, caring about the one tails, loving Sasuke after he tried to kill you and loving him even now"

"I don't..." I stopped when he gave me a look and sighed.

"Fine whatever, keep talking" I noticed him smirk slightly before he glanced at the fire.

"You are extremely powerful Rin, a true prodigy and your skills are well known and feared with good reason." He continued.

"But your greatest strength has always been your ability to love unconditionally" He said firmly and met my gaze.

"That's why it's you, it's why he chose you, it's why the Jubi now resides in you. He is the source of your dark chakra, the source of our connection and what makes you the light in the Uchiha darkness" I stared at him. Part of me wanted to laugh and the other kind of wanted to be sick.

"I-I'm a host?" I managed to stammer out and he nodded.

"Madara wanted to destroy what light you had in hopes of the dark chakra destroying you so he could in turn have the chance to host the Jubi. Once he realized the Jubi wouldn't chose him he aided in suppressing it, it's why he kidnapped you"

"S-So the torture? The hell he put me through?" I questioned.

"Yes, all for the Jubi. You've been nothing more than a vessel to Madara since the start" He admitted, anger in his voice.

"But he kidnapped me as a child, before the clan was killed. Y-You still hosted the beast" I objected and he sighed.

"As I previously mentioned when you were born everything changed. From day one Rin I could feel his power leaving slowly. You were different, in all ways and Madara took notice. He's watched you ever since" He explained slowly.

"Madara wanted to keep you close, so when the time came to reunite the Jubi's spirit with his physical form there would be less hassle. It's why they couldn't kill you for your insubordination and tried so hard to keep you around. They need you" He said firmly.

"S-So that's why Pein is here in the village, he's not just after Naruto he wants me too" I was speaking faster now as the panic started to rise in me.

"H-He's the one that takes over where my memory is blank, the one th-that nearly killed my comrades, the one that tried to kill Kakashi, the..." Itachi touched my arm and my sentence felt short. He took a deep breath and I mimicked his actions.

"Breath" He said calmly.

"I know this is a lot to take in, and I apologize for that but it's time you knew. You need to stay away from the Akatsuki. I fear with Sasuke on their side they will send him for you if Pein should fail"

"Pein will fail, he won't defeat Naruto" I said confidently.

"Then you must prepare to face Sasuke and Madara if the time comes" He replied and I followed his gaze to flickering flame.