Happily Ever After - Literally

The next day, Kanha visited all the houses in Sahayatipura that had daughters and tried on the slipper. But it didn't fit anyone. Rajlaxmi's daughter Twinkle tried it. It fit her perfectly and she had a 'twinkle' in her eye. Looking up at her, he demanded the other slipper which was actually with Anamika. When she did not produce it, he tsk-tsked at her.

"Trust me, Kanha, this is mine. My mom lent it to someone else. She didn't even tell me to whom she gave it. She has gone to Parilaya and she doesn't have a phone with her. Otherwise, I can call her and ask her about it." Twinkle clasped her hands together and begged him.

"Hey! Are you mad? Even if you have the other slipper, it doesn't mean you're my girl. Don't pretend. I can recognize my girl once I see her. And it isn't you. So, shut up!" Kanha bawled at her.

Twinkle couldn't do anything after that. She felt helpless. Also, she badly wanted to get married to Kanha. She wanted to be the Princess of Jaipur. But Kanha had already moved to the next house.

Soon, he reached Ragini's house. Sangamithra and Pradhayini welcomed him with a warm smile and tried on the slipper. But it didn't fit either of them. Anamika, who was watching the drama, silently proposed that she would try on it.

"You? You didn't even attend the ball. How can you try it?!" mocked her stepmother and chuckled wickedly.

But Kanha shushed her. He moved towards Anamika, gazing intently into her eyes. His glance was passionate. He moved closer to her. There was only a palm length between them. Anamika got the glass slipper from him and went on to try it. But he stopped her.

"What're you doing? You are my girl!" He exclaimed with joy.

"How can you tell that?" she asked him, partly surprised and partly shocked.

"Oh, come on! Can't I recognize you by looking at you? This isn't a Cinderella story that you must try the slipper on. I don't mind if you are dressed in rags. You are my girl!"

"But she didn't attend the ball. How can she be your girl?" asked a horrified Sangamithra.

In response to that, Anamika brought out the other slipper and placed it before her. Astonished by it, the two stepsisters almost fainted. Ragini glared at her and made ugly faces.

Kanha Sesh Rajput wrapped his arms around her and asked lovingly, "What's your name?"

"Anamika," she replied with the same love in her voice.

"When shall we get married?"

"I need to accomplish something before marrying you."

"What is that?"

"But, I cannot do that alone. I need your help."

"Tell me, I'll do anything for you if it seems practical." He laughed.

"Haha! Practicality is something this village is yet to learn. I must teach a lesson by doing this."

"Arey, what is that? Don't provoke my curiosity!"

"I want Kishan Kapoor to be burnt alive."

There were gasps from Ragini, Sangamithra, and Pradhayini. Mahesh, who had joined them later, did not gasp. Instead, he felt proud of his daughter.

"How dare you speak like this! You bloody dumbass! Is there any valid reason for you to burn him alive?" Ragini hollered at a high pitch.

"Will you please shut up?!" It was Kanha. "What kind of a mother are you? Admonishing your own daughter?"

"Kanha! I am not her daughter. She is my stepmother and these are my stepsisters. 18 years ago, my mom was burnt alive by Kishan Kapoor, citing that she was a witch. The real reason was Kishan wanted my father to get married to this wealthy woman here. So, he ordered my mother to be burnt alive immediately. I was only a 5-month-old baby then. My father couldn't do anything. Instead, he moved out to Parilaya along with me, not paying heed to Kishan's wishes. Hence, he began to torture us. Bit by bit, he swindled away Papa's money. Finally, when I turned 18, Papa did not have any money with him. We were forced to return to Sahayatipura. Then, to receive money, Papa married Ragini Ma. But, as fate could have it, Ragini Ma, Sangamithra Di, and Pradhayini Di started behaving very badly with me. They have tortured and abused me all along. I have borne it just for the sake of my survival. But now, you've come as a blessing for me. Please, let's kill Kishan and teach the others a lesson. Please liberate me from this animosity."