Chapter Two

***ALLEN POV***

I let Shane Drag me out of the dorm building, his arm slung around my shoulders as he laughs at some joke he told. I wasn't really paying attention, my anxiety was growing as I took in the large number of people milling around outside, and the fact that my shoulder were tingling under Shane's touch. WHAT THE HELL! I WAS STRAIGHT! I move out form under his shoulder and he just shrugs and grabs my wrist, which sends tingles up my arm. Ok this was getting ridiculous. He drags me toward the crowd and weaves in and out of it, searching everyone's face.

"Are you looking for someone?" I ask as he continues to search. He nods his head.

"Yeah my best friend Mariah. LOOK There she is! COME ON!" he says pointing toward the distance. With him being so much taller then me he could easily see over peoples heads. The guy had to be at least five eight, five nine. Me On the other hand, I was short, only Five four. Shane grips my wrist tighter and I have to fight off an awkward blush as he tugs me through the rest of the crowd and out the other side, my anxiety slowly fading as we break through. I suck in a fresh breath and grunt as he continues to drag me.

"Can you let go? I can walk by myself you know." I snap tugging on my hand He just waves me off.

"Oh Shush, We're here anyway. MARIAH DARLING!" He cries letting go off my wrist and throwing his arms around a petite Asian girl. She smiles and hugs him back.

"Luca!" She cries and kisses his cheek when he bends down. She turns to me and smiles. "Hi I'm Mariah Kelley, Shane's best friend since kindergarten, Who are you?" She asks. I blush. She was so adorable and frankly beautiful.

"Allen Hopkins, Shane's new roommate." I say, stuffing my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. She looks me up and down and gives me a dazzling smile before turning to Shane.

"Luca I like him. Can we keep him?" She asks, giving Shane puppy dog eyes. He laughs and slings an arm around her shoulder

"I like him too I guess we can keep him." She claps her hands. I just stare at them like they have grown three heads. Shane grins at me, sending my stomach into butterfly city. "Welcome to the club of amazingness, I am the captain and Mariah here is co captain, You can be third captain." He declares and I cant help but laugh and shake my head.

"There is no such thing as a third captain." I point out. Shane pouts at me and puts his hands on his hips, looking like a total fairy.

"Do NOT mess with the number uno Captain! if I say there is a third captain then gosh damnit there is a third captain." He states, his voice dipping down to a diva status. I laugh at his strange ways, This kid was crazy. He smiles at me and my face betrays me with a huge blush. I hear him snicker before turning to Mariah. "come my short friend! Let us Mingle with the Populace." he says and grabbing both my wrist and Mariah's wrist he drags us through the crowd again. He lets go of us when he spots the choir club sign ups. "Stay!"

"Woof." Mariah says making him smile and dash towards the club. When he was out of ear shot she turns to me. "Allen are you gay?" She asks simply. I just stare at her, not caring if my mouth was open or not. "Jeesh are you trying to catch flies with that thing?" She asks and puts her hand on my chin, shutting my mouth for me. I shake my head and stare at her some more. "Well? Are. You. Gay?" She asks again this time with annoyance.

"No! I'm straight. Why?" I say a little to defensively. She just shrugs.

"You blush every time Shane smiles at you. Just curious is all." She says. Before I can say anything Shane bounces back to us a huge grin on his face.